April 28, 2024, 11:12:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting Opportunities  (Read 1994 times)
Nathanael
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:52:23 pm »

Dear Fellow Hunters,
I’ve been try’n to find a hunting place for over a year now and still have not found a place. I have talked to my Dad’s fellow hunters, but they have all told me that you could always find a public place to hunt on. I’ve also spent hours on the internet try’n to search something up with no luck. I’m looking for a place that has a lot of pests to exterminate, preferably someone like a desperate farmer who’s had a lot of crops devastated by hogs. I enjoy hog hunting very much and always prefer them on my grill. So if y’all would be so kind and please respond, I would be much obliged.
Thank you,
Nathanael
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:29:44 pm »

Deer lease
TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:03:39 pm »

The easiest way to get opportunities is to tag along with people. Your going to need a network of huntin buddies to hunt and share places with. One place isnt going to last you very long, especially if you dog it. You have to manage your hogs just as people manage deer, dont over pressure them ect.

Where are you located?

How old are you?

Do you have dogs? What kind/style of dogs do you have?

What is your experience level? Try to find someone with more experience than you so you can learn something. If you have been doing this a long time, maybe find someone who hunts a little different than you so you can learn something. You can get on here and read all you want, but you aint going to learn anything compared to being in the woods.

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:25:56 am »

yep for every place that you can hog hunt there are a bunch of folks already hunting them or are waiting in line for the opportunity and like tcolt said it takes a network of hunters to stay where the hogs are  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Nathanael
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 02:50:07 pm »

Thank you guys so much for the advice.
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 02:52:23 pm »

Once you get a place invite other hunters that you like and eventually you'll get invites too. I have a massive place to hunt but I still like to hunt with my buddy's.
ChanceandAnita
Catch Dog

Catch-em All..

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 03:38:38 pm »

Grass lands in Decatur tx
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 05:55:56 pm »

Be carefull I have had people get me thrown out of a deer lease and dogging spots cuz they sneak around you and a lot of guys will gladly hunt your spot but never take you to your spot it has happend to me more than once just get to know people best you can before hand and some guys might seem shady but be the furthest from it and the other way around but there are a lot of good folks on here as well
Nathanael
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:14 am »

I'll be sure to listen to y'alls advice.
boarsnesthogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 12:40:28 pm »

type two hunting license opens some public hunting lands seasonally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: