April 20, 2024, 03:46:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Un-scientific, but fair DC50 test against DC30  (Read 583 times)
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:16:09 pm »

Experimental perimeters: Compare DC50 range to DC30 range, by leaving each collar in the same position on the porch, while driving to and from work.

Constant: Measured on the same brand new and fully charged Astro320, with the provided 13" antenna.

Variables: The DC50 was on collar ID 0, while the DC30 was on collar ID 1. 

Terrain: I live in the Pedernales River bottom, the terrain is predominantly limestone and cedar. My drive is very hilly, with high peaks and low gulleys, though overall I am ascending from the river bottom.

Results heading to work:
DC30 Lost communication for the first time at 1.12mi, consistently intermittent until 2.25mi, lost signal for good at 2.25mi.
DC50 Lost communication for the first time at 2.25mi, consistently intermittent until 2.75mi, lost signal for good at 3.2mi.

Results heading home from work:
DC50 picked up for the first time at 3.4mi, intermittent until 2.25mi, never lost signal again inside of 2.25mi.
DC30 picked up for the first time at 2.75mi, intermittent until 1.12mi, never lost signal again after 1.12mi.

Objective notes: The DC50, when intermittent, was far more "active". Even though it would loose signal, it seemed to pick back up much faster and more reliably. The 30 just quit instead of getting gradually more intermittent. The 50 seemed to struggle a little more to eek out that last half mile.

I look forward to testing it with my 60" vehicle mounted whip (cant drive the buggy to work), and testing the bark indicator. I have not figured out a test for that besides woods time.

Steve
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »

Good statistics for the 50.  Would be interesting to see how both collars performed on a single dog.  Would like to see if both indicate "treed" at the same time.
josiewales76
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:59 pm »

Got to test my 50 Saturday night & I was pleased with it especially the bark indicator
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:37:03 pm »

Wow great test! I have been super curious about them
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: