March 28, 2024, 12:13:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how smart can a boar hog be.  (Read 2188 times)
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 10:45:48 am »

So find some good plotts and run one dog at a time and run the hog to death.  Thats what I do....
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 11:17:25 am »

Yeah I gpt the cds and rcds but always just been 1 or 2 lead ins on him. Pretty predictiable in that respect but dpnt run same rout and dont always find in same spot.  Usually we run and miss they leave this one we hit in montys benifit hunt and then now4 times since that I was not there.  I durn sure aint gping tp be leading a bawling hpund he is liable tp put me in a wprld of hurt he has dpne treed pne guy twice and anpther once and had it not been for a loose dog at a caught pig he might have got a buddy of mine.  Im not used to hogs like this you dog them and not catch them they move on this one is sticking around and around bays lol.  I want to wait for cooler weather and daylight personally.
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 12:12:30 pm »

I durn sure aint gping tp be leading a bawling hpund he is liable tp put me in a wprld of hurt he has dpne treed pne guy twice and anpther once and had it not been for a loose dog at a caught pig he might have got a buddy of mine. 

What?

Not sure what you meant by "leading a bawling hound"....I've got some plotts that wont bawl, and a couple that will grab his nuts and make him sit there.  I prefer these runners that most people cant catch.  I got something for them, and there aint now bawling or treeing or snaring.  You just got to have a different style dog to catch these runners. 
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 12:42:38 pm »

Talking about muddogs post. I see where he is getting at but impossiable. Not same route or same spot struck
reatj81
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 02:07:37 pm »

Sure easy to see who got picked on in school
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

I Donno what you mean by leading a bawling hound .......... Only 2 things that can be bad about a hound , your catch dog will follow them trailing in hot weather can be bad ,
2nd thing is you gotta listen to people bad mouth hounds that they make hogs run more an blah blah but that Anit the truth
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 04:07:59 pm »

Lol yall got that statement all wrong I dont want to be tied to any dog that is barking the way this hog has been acting last few bays he is truly agressive.  Is said a bawling hound because that is what muddog had said use
ckm
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 10:59:34 am »

iv got the same problem now and im going to try to work the hog from the other side when the wind is right so as to push the hog into the open fields instead of the thick brush where she kicks the number 2 outa my dogs iv got a rcd pit and she beats his ass and hes a smaller build dog with good bite but still bi#ch aint got no ears left now so im goin to push her to the open fields and throw all my cds at her and run my as# off and get there maybe try that yourself.

run em down , gun em down and truck em down !!!! swine time!!!!!
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 06:34:21 pm »

Get a text this morning about 2 or so think they caught him or at least he did normal bayed right up but then they sent a total of about 9 dogs to him not a lot of teeth but real sharp and he knew how to use them.
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 06:34:47 pm »

110 grains of copper and lead......no more running hog.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
shuttin em down
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 04:02:42 pm »

My bay dogs catch when they see the catch dogs comin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: