April 28, 2024, 04:42:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kennel ideas  (Read 694 times)
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:14:44 pm »

Im trying to design a off the ground Kennel for a whelping mom  then just pups.   Was thinkin 8x8. May go ahead an di
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:31:02 pm »

Damn phone!!!

Do 16x16 (full panel) 
Im trying to use what fencin stuff was left here. I have some 8-9 foot 4"round wood post I also have bout 50' of 2"x4" wire.  Id like to have the kennel about a foot off the ground.   Ive been savin scrap wood at work for the floor.   

Please post some pics of your kennele please and any ideas.  Hell I may just pour a 8x8 concrete pad.

Thanks and God bless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:41:03 pm »

Mine is 8X12 and split down the middle by panel to make 2 6X8, with a recessed 3X4 whelping box in the corner. The divider panel has a hole cut in it so that the gyp can get away from them when its time to ween. I also have a fold down gate over the hole so that I can segregate the gyp from the pups, otherwise she might eat all of their food too.

Mine is a foot or so off the ground, and wood floored, which helps with bugs and stuff, but you might want to put carpet or something soft in the box after the pups are born. For what ever reason, I have a terrible problem with hotspots when a nursing momma is on wood floor.

Steve
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:28 pm »

Thx Steve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2
Rodeo
Strike Dog

boar65

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:16:05 pm »

go to google and type in--------------above ground kennel images. Good luck

Everytime you are running dogs or trapping hogs, every encounter is different. Got to love it. Please be safe! Wild hog will get you if given the chance!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: