April 24, 2024, 09:26:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Cracker Cur  (Read 17369 times)
BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 12:36:10 pm »

Always heard they were on the rough side for ben dogs.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »

Yup yall are right. Should of thought about it a little more before posting haha.

My understanding (and im sure im wrong) is Michelle bred fl dogs with ben dogs to get her line.
curdog87
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 01:07:55 pm »

I would have to find the papers to see. I honestly haven't even looked at them myself. I have him and his littermate sister. She will just about barr a boar by herself. I'm sure that there is some truth to the florida cur bred into them to be as gritty as they are. I have some blk n tan curs also but try and keep them on cows. Everynow and then ill let bay a hog if they bump one up.
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 01:22:08 pm »

Still a nice looking dog!
curdog87
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 01:29:25 pm »

Thanks TazD. Looks as that litter of yours is starting off in the right direction. Did you ever move that sire to the litter you had for sale?
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 01:32:58 pm »

Well Am new to the Fla Cur and it was just by accident I even got the one I own.  I nearly shot him the third day I owned him because of his aggression towards me couldn't even put my hands on him.  Lucky I had a shovel handy on that third day and that solved the problems between me and him we are now best buddys and a ton of money could not get mine .  Hunted him hard for a while and he fits the mold of everything that has been said about them.   Very impressive dogs and am pretty hard to impress and much much more harder to convience me to breed to a dog outside my yard but am no fool either and I am not kennel blind .  I know what a great dog is and how a family should be bred.  He earned his breeding rights here and quick I didn't give him a dame thing and was looking for flaws.  All I can say is he is a lot of hog dog.  Out of three liters he threw a 99% color ratio all but one pup was black and tan just like him and the one that was not is a yellow bobtail dog also he threw around 60% natural bobtails .  Pretty damn impressive also .
Cannot wait to start these pups and young dogs.

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
curdog87
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »

Good Looking sire to those pups TexasHogDogs. My three cow dogs are all bobtail blk n tan. Lot of gritt to them. Ill try and snap some pics tonight of them.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 01:38:17 pm »

Wait til you run him one out brother, thats when youll get impressed.  Thats where these dogs shine.  They were bred to be a one man show.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 01:54:43 pm »

I am sure gonna do it soon as it gets cooler weather and am gonna get it on tape also  if I can .  I been wanting to see that in person my self for a long time.  Always watch the Outback boys do it on tape just never seen it done in person.

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 01:57:49 pm »

I hear ya.  As long as there is water on the ground we run at night all year long.  Never had an issue.
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 04:09:13 pm »

Yes curdog87 I did sell Zipper. oops, nobody sells good Florida Curs, I forgot about that!!! LOL Evil I bought him to outcross on my dogs, and its seems to have been a good idea so far from how my pup is doing at 6mo old. At the end of the year I will be breeding my Fancy Fl Cur to a dog I use to own by the name Chance. He is the red and white ring neck in my aviator pic. Chance has a very good nose, athletic, rough, and I have NEVER had a dog that is tougher.
Before I got him at 11mo old he had his jaw broke by a pitbull when he was 6mo old, then he got run over by a dually pickup truck when he was being hunted at 8mo old and ran off into the woods and was lost for almost 3wks but was found still alive in the woods!!! He has been cut down real bad at least 10 times where most dogs would have died!! He is what a real Fl Cur should be in my eyes!!!

BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 04:46:04 pm »

Taz, can you post some pics of that Fancy dog and or tell us about her?
bignasty
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 05:26:47 pm »

just as many culls in these dogs as any other,seen it been there
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 05:55:35 pm »

Taz your dogs look to be blockier than what im used to seeing.  Im used to the thin cow dogs, do yours have much bulldog bred into them?
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 06:49:24 pm »

rd. The dogs I have were bred up back in the late 70's early 80's. Its the Morgan, Peeples blood in them. The Poacher dog from Lady Hogdoggers is from the line. Back in the 80's when they fine tuned their dogs they were 90-110lbs!! No bulldog that I know of talking to the man who strated this line.

Bignasty. Whats your point?? We are talking about dogs that have made the cut as hog dogs! What culls that have come from these dogs are worm fodder. Dogs that make it are 80% on avaerage from the litters. Better then most breeds.

BOBDOG. Fancy is out of my Bo and Reba dogs. Bo was out of a Vickers Florida Cur named Buddy, and a Morgan/Peeples Florida Cur named Ruby. Here is the parents and the litter of pups she came out of. I kept 3 of them. All the ones with color in the litter I kept. The Blk and Tan female Sassy got killed before a year old, and Fancy and her brother Jake are doing great!!

rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 06:57:07 pm »

From what i was told my tipper gyp came from the peeples line, she was dang near waste high, block headed with hound ears and weighed 80 plus pounds in running shape in her prime.  I mean no offense and i hope you didnt/dont take it that way, me and the guys i hunt with dont classify dogs like they do on here.  The brindle dog and the last dog in the above we call brindles and leopards.. When we talk about Fl curs we usually just refer to black and tans and yellas.  Of course if it comes out bobtailed it dont matter what color it is.  Its simply a bobtailed dog. lol  guess it depends on where your standing as to what you call somethin.. lol

And bignasty, the only reason there a cull Fl curs running around is Sean Kelley, anyone with any sense in this state dont buy or sell him any dogs.  As far as just about everyone else in this state, the majority of people with old blooded dogs, like the lines Taz mentioned take pride in their dogs.  If i give or sell a pup to someone its with the understanding if the dog dont make a dog it dont make it off their yard, if you catch my drift.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »

That being said, the rooster dog i posted the pic of on the 1st page, was out of old blood from a friend (going back to the lightsey ranch), and turned out to be a cull.  as far as my son knows "he ran away" if you catch my drift.
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »

rd no offense taken. You can see from Fancys litter and her parents they fall under what people say the color of a Fl Cur should be. The Morgan line of Florida Curs came from McCaughlin Ranch and they had some leopard looking colors in some of the dogs. Ghostrider/Jimmy who Morgan and him developed these rough Florida Curs back when people did not want rough catchy dogs, worked hard for years to develope these Florida Curs. Morgan kept the leopard colored ones and Ghostrider took the big red colored ones. You should of seen the photo albums of their dogs and the hogs they caught. I know some on here brag about their dog finding 150 boars in a year hunting over run ranches everyday. Ghostrider and Morgan were catching 300-500 hogs in a month hunting the ranches they were invited on!! They had pictures in their albums of night hunts with 10-20 big nasty hogs laid out with 2-4 dogs dead layed out with them. These men were serious about their dogs and their performance hunting hogs!! They were tough physical men, and they wanted their dogs the same way. Just like me!!! I see some people who brag about their dogs, and their dogs are like them, over rated, over weight, over heated and legends in their own minds!!! LOL!!!
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 07:28:53 pm »

I call b.s. taz! 300 hogs a month is 10 hogs everynight for a month....sorry bud not happening! If you believe that I had dinner with Sasquatch last night.
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 07:38:01 pm »

If you have 14 gyps bred at the same time....your a puppy peddler. That guy must be Sean!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: