|
jon
|
 |
« on: August 22, 2013, 10:52:26 pm » |
|
How much roll on bedliner y'all think it'd take for a 99chevy hood? This throwing a rug up there's getting old, and also does the bedliner protect from the heat pretty good? Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!! TDHA Member
|
|
|
|
Muddogkennels
|
 |
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 11:55:43 pm » |
|
the bed liner gets hot bud but i went hunting with someone that had a 1/4'' rubber mating an he had it framed down with 1/4'' plywood bolted down to his hood. worked good an the clips hitting the mat didn't make much noise.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Jmesonp1
|
 |
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 06:40:29 am » |
|
the set up you saw on my ford protects from the heat well. fairly cheap to install also
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
jon
|
 |
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 06:51:20 am » |
|
Yea I like yours a lot Jamenson its nice
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!! TDHA Member
|
|
|
|
alapaha blue blood
|
 |
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 09:14:24 am » |
|
I have the hood and roof rhino line on my ford and it don't seem to heat up to bad but we mainly run at night r late evenings so its not much of a problem
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
jon
|
 |
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 09:46:17 am » |
|
How much did it take to do em gallon, quirt, or even more
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!! TDHA Member
|
|
|
|
MrsLouisianaHogDog
|
 |
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 10:34:37 am » |
|
I have my hood on my Ram done with the spray on bedliner by Rustoleum. Took me two cans to do a good thick coat.
I haven't noticed it get too hot, unless it's smack in the middle of the day in the direct sun.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~ www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association* ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
|
|
|
|
Jmesonp1
|
 |
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 10:44:59 am » |
|
I put the 1/4" rubber on mine just for my one gyp. she would lift her feet like she was on hot coals and the other dog would just stand there. After i put the rubber down she quit doing that. I can only assume the heat bothered her.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
alapaha blue blood
|
 |
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 12:21:25 pm » |
|
I couldn't tell u how much it took I had zebart down here in corpus do it it a 2013 f150 so I didn't want it to look crappy if u know what I mean
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
alapaha blue blood
|
 |
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 12:22:39 pm » |
|
I drove around town a couple years with a kitchen mat on the hood but when I upgraded my pickup I thru it lol
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
hogmantx1979
|
 |
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 12:26:34 pm » |
|
Blue blood been waiting for you to respond to this question I know you have a really nice hood
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Life is what you make of it!!! Always stay positive
|
|
|
|
jon
|
 |
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 01:48:18 pm » |
|
Lol I gotta area rug folded in half
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!! TDHA Member
|
|
|
|
jon
|
 |
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 01:55:18 pm » |
|
But my truck ain't nothing fancy just a ol 99 suburban
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!! TDHA Member
|
|
|
|
alapaha blue blood
|
 |
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 07:21:55 pm » |
|
Thanks hogmantx aka Robert ya I got tired of working on my old rig so I got me a new one I got it hood hunting ready ASAP lol all I do is work , baseball , hunt , and fish so what the heck
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Swine-Stalker
|
 |
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 11:16:17 pm » |
|
Got a Suzuki samurai, I used the rubber carpet like rug that people use in their shops. Put a few self tapping screws and big washers to hold it down
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
|
|
|
|
Swine-Stalker
|
 |
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22:05 pm » |
|
No heat issues, they lay on it when we aren't moving  
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
|
|
|
|
M Bennet
|
 |
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 03:00:28 pm » |
|
I used half gallon on my hood and its got 4 coats
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Monty Bennet
|
|
|
|
jon
|
 |
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 03:28:48 pm » |
|
I used half gallon on my hood and its got 4 coats
Thanks Monty that's what I was looking for
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!! TDHA Member
|
|
|
|
jon
|
 |
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 03:37:52 pm » |
|
Got a Suzuki samurai, I used the rubber carpet like rug that people use in their shops. Put a few self tapping screws and big washers to hold it down
I like that go anywhere in a samurai
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!! TDHA Member
|
|
|
|