April 24, 2024, 06:10:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BOAR BIBS  (Read 2408 times)
Curdog352
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »

I've been undecided on which bib to go with, Hardcore Hogdogs or Wildboar USA...input and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
bigtug092
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:17:56 pm »

I was skeptical at first with the boar bib from wild boar usa. Espically with a pretty stiff price. I can say after giving in and buyin it, I LOVE IT. Stays in place good, has held up to some big boars and keeps my Biggg cd from gettin too hott. Well worth the money IMO.  Good product.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:07:00 pm »

Heres my thought on them if going to spen yhat much why not apend a little more and get an ausie style plate.  This is going to be the route I go.
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:40 pm »

I like a long vest that goes all the way back to the hips but if I was getting a boar bib it would defiantly be from hardcorehogdogs.com I only use there vest now and it's the only light weight tuff realiable vest that held up for us I order all my vest with 2 layers of Kevlar and they do great super light and dogs move good in them my CDs wear them and my rough strike dogs to year around. Michaels a good guy and very helpful call him up
Curdog352
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:53:52 pm »

My lead in catch dog has a full vest, but I'd like to get my rcd something that allows her to be more agile. I've been running her with just a cut collar and she's been doing fine. I had a strike vest from southern cross kennels and I liked it, but I gave it to my buddy awhile back. I was thinking the bib for the rcd and if my lead in catch dog was getting too hot throughout the day I could switch him to the bib. I've got more dogs than cut collars now, so I also thought instead of buying another collar, just get something with a more protection plus has the collar. The Aussie bibs are nice too, but pricey
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 11:11:08 pm »

I love my rcv from hardcore I let my buddy tres borrow it aka brush buster he seems to like it a lot to I like it cause its got a high neck good luck bud with whatever u decide to get
slimhogdog
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 09:05:40 am »

I have one from WB USA and it's a nice bib. Tough and the dogs can move great in it.

GET OUT DOG
SaltyhoggerJr
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 10:43:12 am »

I don't have a bib, but I do have a bay vest & 3 pro deluxe cut collars from hardcore hog dogs. I wouldn't buy from anyone else. They are extremely helpful and friendly.
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 12:14:55 am »

I checked the one out from hard core at uncle earls. Seemed to be real nice and tough

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
dan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 08:12:17 pm »

I bought two because I like the dogs to have some protection.  Heat is a bigger problem than getting cut. 

The bibs are tough and over heating hasn't been an issue.  I would buy more.

I do like the Aussie style cut gear , but have only seen pictures.

Dan

"We are all on our way out...ACT ACCORDINGLY"
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 08:56:53 pm »

My lead in catch dog has a full vest, but I'd like to get my rcd something that allows her to be more agile. I've been running her with just a cut collar and she's been doing fine. I had a strike vest from southern cross kennels and I liked it, but I gave it to my buddy awhile back. I was thinking the bib for the rcd and if my lead in catch dog was getting too hot throughout the day I could switch him to the bib. I've got more dogs than cut collars now, so I also thought instead of buying another collar, just get something with a more protection plus has the collar. The Aussie bibs are nice too, but pricey
I'll sell it back to you for $65 Grin Have you hunted gulf hammock yet.

Catchin hogs cracker style
Curdog352
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »

Not yet. Can't hunt it till general gun starts and can't even go out there to scout till next weekend. I've just been trying to get my new hunting truck and dogbox put together. What's your opinion on the bibs. Since I got a new pup and might be getting my roommate's too I need more cut collars, so I figured I'd just get a bib for Gracie and that'll kill two birds with one stone kinda deal.
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 01:27:03 pm »

That guy Ed that I hunt with in Georgia runs one of Hardcore's bibs. Only frontal protection, but light and maneuverable.

Catchin hogs cracker style
boarhog1
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

Not yet. Can't hunt it till general gun starts and can't even go out there to scout till next weekend. I've just been trying to get my new hunting truck and dogbox put together. What's your opinion on the bibs. Since I got a new pup and might be getting my roommate's too I need more cut collars, so I figured I'd just get a bib for Gracie and that'll kill two birds with one stone kinda deal.

Y'all hunt in the hammock too? Where y'all from?
Curdog352
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 02:54:25 pm »

I live in Morriston. Warren lives in Tennessee, but comes down every so often to hunt Florida. Where are you from?
boarhog1
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 08:55:34 pm »

I live in Morriston. Warren lives in Tennessee, but comes down every so often to hunt Florida. Where are you from?

Crystal river. Also hunt gulf hammock.
Curdog352
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 03:09:26 am »

The club or the management area? My buddy hunted the club last year and got a few with good teeth, but got 2 dogs killed because of those big teeth. He got out and we're gonna hunt the management area this year and try our luck.
boarhog1
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 04:04:24 am »

The club or the management area? My buddy hunted the club last year and got a few with good teeth, but got 2 dogs killed because of those big teeth. He got out and we're gonna hunt the management area this year and try our luck.

Yeah I'm in the management area
Curdog352
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 04:07:43 am »

Is there a decent amount of hogs in there? I only have one friend that is familiar with it. He just pretty much hunted deer last year because he had nobody to run hogs with. This year it's me and two other buddies that got in and hoping to get on some.
boarhog1
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 04:21:15 am »

Is there a decent amount of hogs in there? I only have one friend that is familiar with it. He just pretty much hunted deer last year because he had nobody to run hogs with. This year it's me and two other buddies that got in and hoping to get on some.

Yeah there's a good amount of hogs. Caught quite a few.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: