April 20, 2024, 02:46:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics - Hunting with dogs in the Hill Country  (Read 2199 times)
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 07:32:34 pm »

Apparently, Julie is busy so I am going to do my best to respond for her. We hunt from Kyle to Burnet, to Llano, to Blanco, and everywhere in between.

She shoots a Nikon D80 with various lenses, mostly Nikor, to include a 50MM 2.8F, a 35 to 80 F?Huh?, a 55 to 200 F?Huh?? and a fisheye. If I am not mistaken, a quality wide angle is next on her list.

Better than nothing, right?

Oh, and thanks for the compliments.

Steve
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 07:35:47 pm »

PS: Most of the last 7 pics are over exposed Smiley
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 07:44:33 pm »

hahahahaha. Steve is  turning into a camera nerd now. Julie does take some sweetazz pics.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 07:59:23 pm »

Do you really think that I would know that if she hadn't told me? Lets be serious man.......

Steve
DIAMOND A KENNELS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »

nice pics there great  Cheesy

ASHLEY CAMPBELL T.D.H.A MEMBER
crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 09:28:45 pm »

Really pretty country up there it seems. I keep saying I am going to make it to Tx "one day". Course, I turned 25 (x 2....) this past Sat and haven't made it yet.

We don't need telephoto lenses for our hunts, a lot of times you can't see the hog from 5 feet away. Here is my buddy sitting on a shoat we caught last spring in 10' high palmettos. We drug the hog to an "open" spot to take the pic........so you can imagine how thick it is in places. There was only 12,000 acres of this palmetto mess and nasty bays we had to hunt in......

Sure makes that hill country look inviting......... Shocked

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
stoked
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 10:17:36 pm »

good looking dogs and very nice pictures
TrueBlueLacys
Strike Dog

TDHA & NLDA Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 11:04:04 am »

Thanks guys! And don't worry, that camera goes everywhere these days, so if the boys ever get on a big boar when I'm around, we'll get something.

Those pictures were all taken in Blanco and Henley, eastern Hill Country essentially, and it really is gorgeous. I just wish it wasn't so dry right now. Usually there is a lot more green and the grass doesn't look quite so despondent.

And yes, Steve is getting pretty knowledgeable when it comes to cameras Wink Those pictures were all with a Nikon D80 body and a 50mm f1.8 or 35-70 f2.8. I have an 80-200, but we normally have too much brush to really use a zoom when hunting. I've gotten some cool shots with a fisheye also, but I had to literally jump on a fallen log right next to the bay, and that's a little unnerving with such expensive equipment. But it really is my favorite thing to take pictures of, hog dogs make photography pretty dern exciting laugh

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: