March 28, 2024, 01:21:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trapping  (Read 1044 times)
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:21:05 pm »

When y'all trap what do you use to bait the cage?
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:56:32 pm »

Corn and big red

Monty Bennet
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:30:25 pm »

Like the soda? Just soak it?
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 10:36:57 pm »

yep !  big red soda or cherry flavored koolaid  .   it don't hurt to pour a can of beer in with it and let it sit for a while to sour  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:38:56 pm »

I save all my dog food that the dogs don't eat and pour a few beers in it let it sour
mikejc
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 11:08:11 am »

corn and deisel always works good for me.
dan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:03:04 pm »

If the hogs won't go for any of the baits that are already listed, try fish scraps, and backbones.

Dan

"We are all on our way out...ACT ACCORDINGLY"
BSnodgrass
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 07:44:48 pm »

Ill second what monty said corn and big red has always worked good for me since I was a kid
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 11:36:43 pm »

I've heard of people using diesel... My only problem with that is, would you really want to eat something that you know for a fact has eaten diesel soaked corn? Our food has a lot of crap in it. That's one of the main reasons I spend my time in the woods. To get food that is safe for my family to eat. Sorry sensitive subject for me. My brother died of cancer and all the number 2 in our foods are a big reason why. In my opinion.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 03:16:01 pm »

I've heard of people using diesel... My only problem with that is, would you really want to eat something that you know for a fact has eaten diesel soaked corn? Our food has a lot of crap in it. That's one of the main reasons I spend my time in the woods. To get food that is safe for my family to eat. Sorry sensitive subject for me. My brother died of cancer and all the number 2 in our foods are a big reason why. In my opinion.

If u ate it every meal it probly wouldn't be good for ya. I have had a many a sandwich with diesel and grease on my hands and stains on my bread. So I don't figure a pig eating a Lil corn soaked diesel once in its life is gonna affect the end consumer. I don't believe the time period between consumption of the corn and death would allow for much of any contaminants to effect the meat either. If still concerned remove all the fat u possibly can beings that's usually where contaminants get stored.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 12:35:10 am »

Just put corn in a bucket with water, maybe sugar, and add jello when u lay it out.  The deal with diesel is supposed to keep the coons, crows, etc from eating it....but I'm not too sure it works as well as it sounds.....I did it and remember saying to myself "I'm done feeding the varmments!!" 

The main thing is let the corn soak for a week or 2, and when it gets stinky and sour, it's ready...but get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, when u take it to go bait the trap and it spills----it's a nasty deal. That's how I do it anyway. I've never tried big red, but it's real sweet  so it makes sense. I'm gonna try that next time.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: