April 20, 2024, 08:39:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cuts  (Read 657 times)
wsanders
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2013, 06:40:25 am »

I know this has probably been beat to death, but I couldn't find anything on it. So, how deep a cut can you staple, and call it done? and do you clean it up with a antiseptic, and maybe put some antibiotic on-in the wound first? I imagine deep cuts through muscle , to the bone or guts need a vet, or put the dog down. Want do yall do?
Tx.biologist
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 02:19:34 pm »

Just went thru that with my cur. cut was on the rear leg, cut vertical slice thru the muscle for 4 inches, used chromatic (catgut) suture  and sewed up the muscle and regular mono for the skin. It was deep and long and could not sew all the way top of the cut but he's healing good. Course if the cut was cross the muscle it would have been a different story. My other cur took one behind the last rib and all the way to the intestine facia but i took him to the Vet, he did the same thing, catgut for internal and and staples/ mono suture to the skin.
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:19:12 pm »

Just make sure before y'all start closing up wounds that you flush them out well first. Last thing you wanna do is close in infection.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
slckhunter1978
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 04:45:59 pm »

And always leave an opening for drainage

Hunt hard or go home!
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:03:58 pm »

Getta bottle of Underwood's horse medicine and box of baking powder... all me and my buddy use... look at there website and check out testimonys its some good stuff its made for when staples and stitches don't/wont work

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: