April 23, 2024, 10:29:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a bulldog (AR)  (Read 1435 times)
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2013, 12:02:32 pm »

Found this gyp no tag no collar. Looking for the owner but if I can't find them I will keep her I reckon. She was found east of monticello ar.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:04:56 pm »

She's nice looking, does she hate a hog?
ARhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:07:22 am »

I found a male looks identical, in Joan Arkansas. Looked for a month for owner. No calls. Had scars from head to toe and a few fresh cuts. No collar nothing. Really upset me that ppl don't put forth the effort into 7 or 8 bucks worth of gear.
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 09:30:26 am »

She looks like someone's pet.  I know you said she was not wearing a collar; was there evidence or markings that she had previously worn a collar?
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »

She had worn a collar before. She has some scarring from what looks like cuts from hogs. I have checked with all the local land owners to see if anyone had been running there stuff but all answers were no. Have posted different places also. I have put the word out to find the owner and have bathed her and removed all the ticks. She is in my pen and I will feed her without trying to hunt her for a while then if still no claimed she will be mine. I give a many every opportunity I can to claim his dog but a month from now that option is off the table.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 08:03:38 pm »

Way I see it if they wanted the dog they would have a collar on it. You at least see if it will catch before you feed it a month.

Lets go we burning daylight
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:10:42 pm »

Way I see it if they wanted the dog they would have a collar on it. You at least see if it will catch before you feed it a month.

I would agree with this but I had a cur dog get his tracking collar and his regular collar with my name on it cut off one night I found that dog 20 hours later bayed
Hitemhard
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:15:52 pm »

She had worn a collar before. She has some scarring from what looks like cuts from hogs. I have checked with all the local land owners to see if anyone had been running there stuff but all answers were no. Have posted different places also. I have put the word out to find the owner and have bathed her and removed all the ticks. She is in my pen and I will feed her without trying to hunt her for a while then if still no claimed she will be mine. I give a many every opportunity I can to claim his dog but a month from now that option is off the table.

Shotgun
Arkansas

I would take care of her like she were mine but if her (real) owner came forward, no matter how long I had her, I would give her back. Why put a 30 day recovery period on her?
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 09:47:37 pm »

Appears like she was decently fed. You take her up to a vet yet and have her scanned for a microchip? Always a good idea. You may be surprised, even if you think it's unlikely, it's good to rule it out.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 10:26:07 pm »

I haven't thought about the chip. It's not common around here but I will try that.

The 30 day thing is what time I will give before I hunt her. Now if a man comes to me and can describe things about the dog the owner should know I will give it to them. I'm not one to take a mans dog. The area I found her I know all the land owners around for a long ways. There are lots of dogs dumped in this area.

As far as seeing if she will catch. I don't have a vest for her or do I have a pen to try her in. I want risk getting her hurt with her being someone else's dog. I do see signs on her that makes me think she will.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 10:45:57 pm »

I guess to be honest the reason I put 30 days on it I had a dog show up once that looked like hell. I left word at a local store that the dog was at the house. i took it to a vet had it checked out then fed this dog a Lil over a month. No word no nothing. Then I finally got the dog looking good and healthy and to the point it was so skiddish and I get a call from a guy. He comes by and shows me a pick of the dog and I give it to him. I didn't get as much as a thank u. Around here most dogs without collars get shot.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 12:10:45 am »

Wen you get ready,bring her down,we see if she can make the cut,i got few hogs in the pen,i would treat her as my own,i figure dog got dropped off.goodluck shotgun,its nice and cool tonite in north louisiana.
Hitemhard
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:37 am »

I guess to be honest the reason I put 30 days on it I had a dog show up once that looked like hell. I left word at a local store that the dog was at the house. i took it to a vet had it checked out then fed this dog a Lil over a month. No word no nothing. Then I finally got the dog looking good and healthy and to the point it was so skiddish and I get a call from a guy. He comes by and shows me a pick of the dog and I give it to him. I didn't get as much as a thank u. Around here most dogs without collars get shot.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Yea some people just don't get it. I would like to think that if I had taken care of a mans dog, fed it, kept it from getting shot or run over that he would at least thrown me a couple bags of feed. I wouldn't ask for anything but I just would like to think that there are some decent people still around. (I know that's a naïve point of view, most people just suck)
slckhunter1978
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 04:41:56 pm »

Had a big brindle male tied up in my front yard a few yrs ago - no doubt he was used for hog hunting as he was cut to **** and back - checked all over no one would claim him even though i had a pretty good idea who's dog it was and they just culled him the wrong way! Beautiful big brindle pit - so i tried him out and lost a few hogs after he got to the bay - when i got to see him catchn he was leggin. So im sure thats why no one owned up to him but i found a good couple to give him to as a pet! I hate it when ppl do that crap! Take care of your own animals period! Not saying this happened n your situation but ppl do that kinda thing.

Hunt hard or go home!
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 09:09:32 pm »

Shotgun
Arkansas
Hey shotgun, I'm sure glad you found Suzie. I'll come get her tomorrow
Hitemhard
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:38 pm »

Hope you take him a couple sacs of feed!
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 11:34:13 pm »

If Susie ran this far to find a good home u can't have her. Lol

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
hogdogger98
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 07:24:27 am »

Shotgun
Arkansas

Well buddy because I like you so much I will let you keep her. Just don't forget I gave u a good dog! Lol
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 06:04:02 pm »

Shotgun
Arkansas

Well buddy because I like you so much I will let you keep her. Just don't forget I gave u a good dog! Lol

Lol don't wory I will hug her and kiss her a rub her Lil head for u every day. I draw the line at pink dog houses and feather boa leads

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: