March 28, 2024, 10:46:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog with Broken Toe  (Read 615 times)
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »

Anyone ever had a dog get there toe broken?  Its one of the middle toes.  She was barking at a horse through a fence and guess it stepped on it.  Gonna call my vet in the morn but wondered if anybody had any experience with it.  Thanks.

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:05:21 pm »

My ridgeback broke one of his got it hung somehow on tail gate jumping out he limped for a week or three and was back to normal
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:24:07 pm »

my stag broke his whole foot , hog bit it , left it alone an heal up, he wil limp on it ever now an again but nothing serious
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

Waste of time taking it to the vet not to mention money. My dog got caught in a steel trap and it crushed two of his toes. I took him to the vet and they charged me 80 bucks to do nothing. He limped for a little while but they healed just fine and he's good to go. All the vet did was give him a shot of penicillin

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
hogmess
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 07:56:26 am »

Had one of my dogs get there two almost bit off by a hog. You could see into the cut and see the toes was no longer connected. I just kept it clean and it healed ok. Her toe just dangles but she is still as fast as she was. After long hunts she will limp a little on that foot.
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 04:37:04 pm »

My catch dog just had 2 broke, hog stomped his foot. Broke 2 and took both toenails off. I sprayed blu-kote for infection in the nail, but cant do nothin for them toes. He limped and got thru it fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: