April 19, 2024, 03:48:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/2 goodman 1/2 cat solid white with brown ears and double glass eyes..  (Read 1009 times)
texasboy11
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:20:31 pm »

What are the chances he will be deaf and how long does it take for a dog to be deaf or are they born deaf?
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 07:10:35 pm »

if they are deaf they are born that way . no telling but usually brown ears and you are ok  .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

A Pretty good way to test them i have found is a dog whistle app if you have a smart phone. Wait for the pup to fall asleep and start playing the dog whistle. I have always been able to figure out what pups are deaf that way.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 10:06:22 pm »

A Pretty good way to test them i have found is a dog whistle app if you have a smart phone. Wait for the pup to fall asleep and start playing the dog whistle. I have always been able to figure out what pups are deaf that way.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Cheesy

A scared dog dont get no meat !
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 10:07:54 pm »

If someone doesn't get that joke then they only have their self to blame!

Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 04:42:14 pm »

Hows that a joke??  Thats kinda how i figured out my cat pup was deaf. waited till he was asleep and started making a bunch of noise and he never reacted. Ta-Da, deaf dog.
Jimt3
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 07:02:12 pm »

Jokes lost on me too. Sounds like a solid idea! Good luck w the pups dude! We have a dog that acts deaf when it's time to load up, she could hear pretty well when a buddy yelled: STOP B****!!! She hit her belly. Thinking about changing her name!
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 10:51:06 pm »

Yeah there was no joke intended there. I bought a gyp off of a guy on this board that i bred a few years back that would throw a few deaf pups on each litter. I learned how to tell the deaf ones and culled the gyp after the deaf crap happened twice.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 11:08:34 pm »

Yeah there was no joke intended there. I bought a gyp off of a guy on this board that i bred a few years back that would throw a few deaf pups on each litter. I learned how to tell the deaf ones and culled the gyp after the deaf crap happened twice.

Well, my bad . Maybe I just suffer from an over active sense of humor but I remember when there was'nt such a thing as a dog whistle app or a smart phone. If you wanted to know if your dog was deaf then you just stepped out the door and whistled or shot a .22 and if the dog didn't look at you then it was either deaf, dumb or dead. Oh well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: