April 26, 2024, 10:31:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lab hog dog  (Read 2795 times)
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 05:40:56 pm »

We run one that was a great dog he caught many a hogs in his 6 years of doggin he might have been a cross but he sure looked full lab he was always busy gritty as hell and stubborn as a mule and was short to med range he couldn't take a track to well but if the wind was blowing he'd be on them for sure RIP tank
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 08:02:37 pm »

I have 2 American labs that are as aggressive as any dog I have. The big male has found and bayed a small pig on a sizzling track. He has tracked lots of deer that were shot 12 hours before. I don't know if he woulda made a hog dog but he was a good duck dog. Long legged big dog with seemingly endless energy. He is what I call an American lab. Big and gamey.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Izz
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

Thats one main reason i dont like all this internet bs. I find it very helpful but when it comes to it theres always someone there to trash talk and think they know it all. These dogs have caught plenty of pigs and i really dont care what anybody thinks. We're the ones hunting behind them not anybody else doing the trash talkin. As long as we're catching pigs i have no complaining to do what so ever.   Heres some more pics of the pigs they've caught

Heres one they caught in january

Caught 6 total with them this day. 2 shoats missing in the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Hog_Hunter_57
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 01:25:13 am »

I had a registered akc lad 125 lbs great catch dog. He was a bird dog retrieved tons of birds always had a heavey mouth. One day he was out playing in the pond retrieving a stick with my wife we were baying some young dogs in the pasture and he just ran up no barking and caught the sow end of the story. After that he would catch and i could tell him to let go and sit and he did just that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: