March 29, 2024, 06:47:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plott Hound questions  (Read 1645 times)
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:05:05 pm »

Ok y'all plott guys help me out here. When a plott is completely black with barely any brindle on his feet is he considered a saddled brindle?
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:37:32 pm »

I would not call him a saddleback but probably black with brindle trim or black brindle.
  There is a big controversy going on now within the plott breed over solid colors. either bucksins or solid black are not acceptable colors in UKC. I myself think if you have either to registered ukc parents they are just as pure as the brindle ones. Never breed for color but ability.jmo

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:54 pm »

Not trying to take your post but what about blue plots Cajun have you ever had one show up or had any dealings with any
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 09:27:09 pm »

Just by your description, I would say BLK with Brindle TRM.  Most of my plots are saddlebacks; their heads and legs are brindle and only their backs and sides are black.  The blue Plotts are usually called Maltese.  Some good ones, some bad ones, but they are pretty.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 09:59:11 pm »

Some of the Maltese are brindle but I have seen some solid blue dogs too. I have had them from other peoples bloodline but they do not show up in mine. I bred a gyp to Orville Roberts Jed dog(maltese) & while all the pups came out brindle, one of the pups threw a blue pup when bred.
  A lot of Weems & some Von breeding throw Maltese dogs. Jon is right, they are pretty but some do have skin problems. They have been around since the beginning.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:05:11 pm »

Pucket, can you post a pic of the dog you are talking about?  I've seen a lot of plots with white on their feet, but not yet have I seen a black plott with brindle feet.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 11:28:44 pm »

I would not call him a saddleback but probably black with brindle trim or black brindle.
  There is a big controversy going on now within the plott breed over solid colors. either bucksins or solid black are not acceptable colors in UKC. I myself think if you have either to registered ukc parents they are just as pure as the brindle ones. Never breed for color but ability.jmo

Great point Cajun, form always need to follow function imo. Once people start breeding for color or looks it is the first step in the wrong direction imho. I have never seen a maltese, could any of you post some pics of some?
NathanDoss
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 08:01:23 am »

Text me and I'll send you a pic if a Maltese plott. 903-569-7053
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 09:10:57 am »

These pics don't hardly show the brindle at all but you can see the lightness of his feet

halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 10:05:58 am »

here's my plott gyp baby  she's considered black and solid but you can just barely see brindle in her feet and up her legs but you have to be looking for it .  it is a shame about the npha  not letting the true colors of the plott dogs in  they had a vote on it and the majority voted yes , but it seems they needed a 2/3 vote to get it done . just like our government the majority does not rule anymore . must be a bunch of democrats ruling the npha .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:19:57 am »

Well I dont think the IRS will check on a dog with brindle feet...or maybe the will!  LOL
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 09:18:59 pm »

I really like the solid black ones it is a shame they wont allow it.

Thanks Nathan I just saw your reply I will text you tomorrow as it is getting late today.
c dunn
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 12:09:08 am »

Some of the best I hunted with we're solid black. What would the organizations say if them leopard plots showed up now like they had back in the day. And those leps are in the pedigrees if dogs today
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: