April 24, 2024, 12:04:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just curious  (Read 842 times)
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 02:01:02 pm »

How many of y'all keep your dog kennels at your house? How many have another place they stay? I know some people who do have them at their house and some that don't... And if you do keep them at your house, how close up to the house are they? Asking because I might be moving and can't decide on where to put the kennels. I've always had them up closer to the house to where I could hear them.
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:11:25 pm »

My kennels are at my house, about 100 yds behindthe house.  I dont trust people enough to keep them anywhere else; I have too much invested in my dogs to let something happen to them becuase they are kept somewhere else.  I made sure the last three places I've lived at had enough space for me to keep kennels.  I chose not to live in a neighborhod, just so I can ensure my dogs are safely kept at my house.
NChoghunter
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »

All 15 hounds are at the house about 75 yards behind the house got a lot of money in these dogs between hog dogs an bear dogs wouldnt trust them to be any were else
AnotherRunner
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 05:53:42 pm »

Mine are 100-150 yds from the house. I like to be able to see them

Catch em, tie em, drag em out!
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 05:58:44 pm »

Mine are about 75-100 yards from the house but they are in trees ... Can't see them

"Let's talk some philosophy"
colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 07:43:35 pm »

I live in the woods ,and i couldnt sleep if my dogs are over 100 yards from house,they let me know wen something isnt right.and dont need nobody that dont need to be,around my dogs.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:27:18 am »

Right out the back door maybe 50 yards or so and I have 40ac to put them on. I like to be able to check on them easy. Never know when one will get tangled or turn over their water or house.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
dodgegirl
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 03:51:41 pm »

My dog pens are fairly close to the house. Sometimes I get annoyed with them barking but I just have to open the window and they all go into their houses & hush up. I wouldn't want them anywhere else. To many things could go wrong.
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:57 am »

Yeah I'm for sure keeping them at my house just curious how many don't... The thing I couldn't decide was how close to the house I wanted them. Right now they are probably about 30-40 yards away but when we move I think I'll have them about 100 yards away. I get annoyed with the hounds barking sometimes but 100 yards is plenty close enough that I can see and hear them. I'm usually outside anyways.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: