April 19, 2024, 07:28:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't do anything Hasty  (Read 646 times)
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »

A couple or 3 months back, due to a couple different reasons, I made a few cutbacks in the size of my pack.

I got rid of three...three month old pick of the litter pups that I had specifically bred for. Hated to do it but it was something I thought I needed to do at the time. Well things have loosened up a bit and now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't.

Those pups are right at 6 months now. I got one of the back...kinda by default really....but anyway...she's back and I'm gonna be taking her along on hunts starting tomorrow. I'll know something on her by late spring.
The two males...no chance of getting them back....they are family pets. There's gonna be no way I'll ever know about them....but I do know this....they are turning out exactly like I'd hoped confirmation wise. They are a good cross of the Sire and the Dam.

The gyp pup I got back is built more like her momma. Standard Catahoula size, but these boys...They are Leggy like Jasper but thicker like Bella. Built real nice. Here is a couple pics of one. 6 months old and right at 60lbs.

Again...no way to know how they would have turned out hunting wise...but sure like the looks.

I was told a long time ago by my mentor.....not to make hasty decisions regarding my dogs. Lesson I had to learn the hard way.

Maybe one of you young guys won't make the same mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

"Let's talk some philosophy"
LTcaughthog
Alpha Dog

Philippians 4:13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »

I always like your posts! But I see the lesson learned! I'm new too the sport and learn a lot from this site! So thanks ! And too bad about them dogs really. There good lookin for sure and built right
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 10:43:08 am »

Hey sh*t happens. Like you said, lesson learned. We all have different things that pop up in life that will throw us for a loop causing us to make decisions we aren't always happy about. At least you got the one back though, that's great. Good luck with her!

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:39:34 am »

Thanks...Krystale

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print