April 19, 2024, 10:50:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: breaking up dog fights  (Read 4893 times)
b.b.b kennels
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 11:52:17 am »

Round house kick followed by people's elbow.

say what you want about my family or friends but you leave my dog the hell out of this-F.D.R.
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 12:11:48 pm »

When you say they are not going to stop until they kill each other, you need to clarify if you've ever seen two dogs go at it until they killed each other.  If two dogs are not going to stop fighting until they kill each other . . then you must be talking about two game bulldogs here?  Because 99.9% of all other dogs WILL STOP before they kill each other.  I can promise you, that if two dogs are trying to actually kill each other, then aint no water hose, or tree limb or shock collar is going to stop them.  What most folks don't understand is what stops dogs from fighting is heat and exhaustion.  Ive seen guys spray dogs with water hose and all it does is just cool them off so they can fight longer.  A shock collar will just make them bite harder, especially the one getting shocked.  He will confuse the "shock" pain as coming from the other dog biting him, and then he just bites and fights harder to get the other dog off of him.  As for a tree limb, well, if your talking about two gamedogs, then all you're gonna do is just get tired from beating them, cause they aint stopping.

Now if your talking about just two old hunting dogs, then I promise you, they WILL QUIT.

THIS

Excellent subject matter for an internet forum by the way.  (sarcasm)

If I had a hunting dog (hound, cur, etc) that fought other dogs like you are talking about, then I would just get rid of the dog, lol.    
Hutch33
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013, 12:36:03 pm »

It's easy to tell which will fight and which won't by their attitudes. I know a lot of people don't spend enough time just observing and working around their dogs to notice but some will know what I mean.

I agree with you on this, owners need to pay more attention. You're not going to be able to predict all dog fights, but if it's establishing order or to kill....everybody gets one. 

Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2013, 02:20:00 pm »

My wife has a handheld taser that she uses when I'm not home. She says that a dog will lay there and P on their self for 5-10 minutes.

A scared dog dont get no meat !
OWL Black Mouth Curs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 05:03:42 pm »

Yeah it all depends on bulldog vs. non bulldog on what's the best way to handle it.

All that beating over the head and lighting them up and this and that will not work on bulldogs. Bulldogs need to be broke apart with break sticks and separated immediately. It's actually easier to break up bulldogs IMO since they are almost always just in hold, whereas non-bull breeds are usually biting/snapping like crazy at each other. I've never been bit breaking up accidents when it was bull breeds, but I HAVE been bit when breaking up some cur dogs.

not to be confrontational (i enjoy your posts) but they will quit if you knockem out.
i know its not the nicest thing in the world to talk about, but when you lay one out cold, 9 times out of 10 he sees things way different when he comes to.... im not talking about conditioned dogs in the pit, but this applies to most bulldogs people use to catch hogs with, as well.
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2013, 05:21:20 pm »

Yeah it all depends on bulldog vs. non bulldog on what's the best way to handle it.

All that beating over the head and lighting them up and this and that will not work on bulldogs. Bulldogs need to be broke apart with break sticks and separated immediately. It's actually easier to break up bulldogs IMO since they are almost always just in hold, whereas non-bull breeds are usually biting/snapping like crazy at each other. I've never been bit breaking up accidents when it was bull breeds, but I HAVE been bit when breaking up some cur dogs.

not to be confrontational (i enjoy your posts) but they will quit if you knockem out.
i know its not the nicest thing in the world to talk about, but when you lay one out cold, 9 times out of 10 he sees things way different when he comes to.... im not talking about conditioned dogs in the pit, but this applies to most bulldogs people use to catch hogs with, as well.

No worries. Smiley

Well yeah, of course they'll quit if you knock 'em out. As far as if they'd do it again after they wake up....depends on the dog. I'm sure that may indeed work for some. I can put money on it though, that any of my bulldogs in that situation, (who have never been in a pit btw), would wake up, and go right back to doing what they were doing beforehand.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2013, 05:23:21 pm »

Y'all just need to use the humping technique... It works good for human aggression... You would think it will work for dog aggression too...   Wink

Or you could try biting them on the ear, but only if your the Alpha... They should submit since you are the Alpha, ya know!!!
reatj81
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:45 pm »

Glad to see your humor willbanks
slimpickins
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2013, 08:03:21 pm »

And don't forget to pee on them, the food bowl, water bucket and in barrel or dog house when done humping.    Grin  Grin

Pro-Staff @ Wild Boar USA
www.wildboarusa.com
"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading!" unknown
Bacon is a vegetable!
YELLOWBLACKMASK
Lord of the Hogs

Keep em Straight and Keep em Yeller

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2013, 08:43:54 pm »

And don't forget to pee on them, the food bowl, water bucket and in barrel or dog house when done humping.    Grin  Grin

Eeeeeeeeexactly.  Pee or Not to Pee....(That is the question)   laugh
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2013, 06:29:58 am »

Just a helpful hint. If a bulldog is latched down on another dog or anything else that its not supposed to be on,  there usually isnt a break stick around. But you can make them turn loose by grabbing both back feet, spread them wide apart like doing the splits and then keep pulling up on his legs like you are going to spread them up over his back. Do this with light pressure and keep increasing until his lets go. We have used this method and it works. They will release their grip.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog

Cody Everett

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2013, 07:01:31 am »

Know your dogs body language and stop it before it turns into a fight. Put them in seperate bays of a box and anytime one gives the other the stank eye or slightest hint of a growl... Light him up

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
Hoax
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 06:49:52 am »

A Co2 fire extinguisher can help tremendously because they can't breath. Like several others have said grab the back legs and pull them apart but have them spinning when they come apart because they will likely try to get you until they realize it's you.
matt1969
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 07:45:32 am »

Hot shot gonna be here tomorrow.I'll see if that helps at all.
matt1969
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2013, 07:14:53 pm »

Hot shot infective when in heat of moment.
jon
Alpha Dog

Lake Texoma Hog Dogs

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2013, 08:04:21 pm »

Hot shot infective when in heat of moment.
its not funny but that post just literally made me laugh

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2013, 09:16:38 pm »

......that always worked for me...in your yard you should be alpha. When you walk out couple kicks to tha head nuts or ribs should alow space between then move apart....then work that mutha out.

fixitlouie via tapatalk via droid

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: