March 28, 2024, 07:26:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Only cur dogs??  (Read 2351 times)
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 06:20:06 pm »

Cur dogs only. A lot of the places we hunt won't let a bulldog on the place. I don't have nothing against them. I love a good pit that can wind & trail like a cur. Wink

Smiling like a killer
BIG CHRIS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 11:02:21 am »

if you never been bit or had a dog offer to bite you haven't fooled with many dogs. Ain't no excuse for it doesn't matter what the breed is. When on a hog we see our dogs at there most intense moments, were all aware of what our dogs really could do to us if they took mind to do so. Some of my most well behaved dogs after the catch was my apbt, put a handle on them! There not a dog that's made to be chained kenneled or for gotten about. And as far as being a house dog that turned I've seen every other breed do it just as well. Dogs are individuals just like people. Just cause joe blow went off the deepend doesn't mean jimmy jack is gonna do it to. I've seen a cpl curs that would rather chew you a new rather then look at u.

Dogs hit the ground noses down! That's how we roll...
b.b.b kennels
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 11:47:35 am »

Never used a straight vest-up, lead-in type catch dog. Never really would have matched up with the dogs we used to run. Have hunted with a couple of groups of hunters that did use them and will say that if I'm walking into a hog caught in a bad spot or I'm alone on a big place, I would feel much better about my situation with something like a Pit or AB bulldog or Dogo, or Pogo, or Bogo or Mal, or whatever the hell the next "Super Catch Dog" will be, than just straight curs. Have seen curs and cur crosses stop some big Wooly Bullys plenty of times but you cant deny, those dogs are bred to find, run, and bay.  Yes there were thousands and thousands of hogs caught before catchdogs and yes bull dogs are EXTREMELY SUSCEPTIBLE to picking up bad habits. But a cur dog's mind and a pit's mind work different. Guess what I mean is I never had any use for a catch dog but sure not going to bash their purpose. Im sure there's some Damn fine strike dogs that are still alive today because some big blocky headed bag of quick-crete with legs did its job.

say what you want about my family or friends but you leave my dog the hell out of this-F.D.R.
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 01:14:14 pm »

Bbb,, i like your post.
boone823
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 05:44:13 pm »

I did for years. I started running a bulldog for backup
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print