April 16, 2024, 08:26:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD Female Plott  (Read 1107 times)
LatinoKnls
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:42:32 am »

Female Plott
Black/Brindle in color
About 38 to 40lbs now, should top out around 50lbs
Born 7-8-07
Deep South Kennels blood (Plottman) via Alabama Hammer and Sizillin’ Heat
UKC registered

Absolutely nothing wrong with this dog, she goes deep, never needed to be “started” on hogs. Bayed the 1st time she saw a hog, no overly gritty yet, great handle responds to the name “Streaker” or “Streaker Dog”. Bought her in the woods once and she got on a hog there as well.

I am selling her because I am a cur dog man and she does not fit into my pack, she needs to be schooled with other Plotts. She is hot and ready to finish her basic training, located north of Baton Rouge, LA.

Call 225-806-8246 and ask for David. $300 firm
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:28:50 pm by LatinoKnls » Logged
longshot
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:43 pm »

Is she open or silient on track?  How much mouth does she give when a hog breaks out of a bay?
thanks
Longshot
LatinoKnls
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:19:31 pm »

She's a pup, born 7-8-07 and in the woods once... hard to tell. When I put her in the woods she ran around looking silent, then yip-yiped when whe was on a hot track. But what and how she'll act as an adult is always questionable.

In a nutshell, if I was absolutly certian she would be silent she would not be for sale as silent plotts are a rare breed indeed and I would keep her based on that trait alone.

Both her parents were laid claim as "Tight on Track"... I don't think any bona-fied hound man considers his stock as "silent" but I could be wrong as I am not a hound man.

Even the so called "Silent" plotts I've worked with opened up from time to time, and their owners were pleased with this as it kept them from breaking out the tracker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: