March 29, 2024, 01:50:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulldog yipping on trail till catch...  (Read 702 times)
LTcaughthog
Alpha Dog

Philippians 4:13

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:50:40 am »

Okay so I have this gyp bulldog almost 2 years old been on about 15 pigs total and maybe 6-7 in the woods. Well if I cut her too the dogs when they bark she starts yipping till she gets close or if it breaks she yips and honestly I think it's busted some bays. And it absolutely drives me crazy. And if she didn't catch well I wouldn't mind just leaving her at my moms for a pet. But she catches well bcuz she'll slow down and time her catch usually works out well but anyways.. Well I'm asking y'all if you've ever experienced this and does it just come with maturity or can it be fixed ? Advice or experience. Please & thanks.
woody13
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 08:24:19 am »

I had one that would do the same thing, he would get so excited and start yipping. After about 6 months of hard hunting he finally was able to stay quiet
Lbrown
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 08:45:27 am »

Have one myself if the pig breaks before he gets there yips on track with other dogs

Thrill of the squill
ChanceandAnita
Catch Dog

Catch-em All..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 12:04:16 pm »

I have a Bmc that is strait catch he is almost 3 he gets so excited when he hears a bay he goes nutts and yips and wines but when we turn him loose he yips bout the first 10 yards and then he is silent
LTcaughthog
Alpha Dog

Philippians 4:13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 02:54:18 pm »

Y'all do anything too fix the issue or just keep Huntin and hope it stops?
ChanceandAnita
Catch Dog

Catch-em All..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:03:40 pm »

U can run a no bark on her, but idk if it would turn her off to catching the pig.
joshlvg
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 06:28:23 pm »

If the yip aint "hard" enough the bark collar will not work, have a dog that wines and yips at home when he sees me out in yard tried it and it didn't work. Also when they shake around some times it will shock them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: