April 25, 2024, 01:26:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pitbull question  (Read 1551 times)
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:13:30 pm »

I dont know anything about pitbull bloodlines.  Has anyone on here heard of Chinaman Frisco line? I was told that this papered pup comes from hog hunting stock. Any input is appreciated.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 08:44:23 pm »

Dinah, I don't know a lot about them either. This is a game bred line.
Garner's Champion Chinaman ROM is the sire to Garner's Frisco ROM.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:18:32 pm »

Ok. Thank you. A friend of our contacted us because another friend of theirs purchased this pup as a house pet and it isnt working out so they are looking to sell it. Im just not sure that I want another female right now.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:29:02 pm »

I have a 14 month old male from game bred dogs that I raised from a pup
and he is working out for us. Not an ounce of dog or people aggression. He is heavy Boudreaux X Clemmons' bred. I didn't go looking for a game bred
pit, he was given to us . I was given some advise by a few good folks on here about how to proceed with a game bred dog and I really think it has
made a difference. They told me to NOT play any head games or tug of war or any ruff house games such as mentioned. I socialized him with my other dogs and we did not / do not tolerate any nonsense from him. We tried to focus his prey drive only on the couple hogs he has been on and nothing else. The second hog he was on cut him (very small cut on top his back)
and we got to witness that switch flip that we was cautioned about game bred dogs.  I really hope that switch never flips on any thing but a hog.
He's only been on 2 hogs so far but I think he is gonna be a decent catch dog. Time will tell. He really is a big ham. Will lick you to death if you let him. BUT we treat him like a loaded gun. Always under supervision. Never allowed to just roam free.  Just some observations I thought I'd share.

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:35:25 pm »

My dang computer cut me off. Lol

Any how. I wasn't looking to get a pup but I wanted to investigate this bloodline before saying no. I knew that ethd would be a good place to start.

Thank you for all of your help. We have owned several pits but never a game bred pit. I will have to give this some thought I guess.

WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:10:07 pm »

It's a well known bloodline with a lot of controversy about Frisco, after a whole lot of AI pups the registry wanted to recheck the DNA from it and the owner refused and many weren't registered under that registry anymore. Frisco was at my house for a week when he was 7 or 8 mo. old and I couldn't believe anyone would breed to him. He was so shy the only way we could catch him was trap him in the corner of the yard. Not a biter but bad shy. That being said, that was 25 yrs ago and there are a whole lotta other dogs in the ped who coulda changed the whole demeanor of the dogs. Just calling them Chinaman/ Frisco doesn't tell much. Chinaman was a freak of nature that didn't get bred much and people wanted a piece of him and the closest they could get was his son.`
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 08:17:21 am »

Good piece of info. right there. Thank you.

Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 08:42:54 am »

That is some good 1st hand info rt there about Frisco. I have had two females from those lines and they did go through a serious shy stage when they were young. I kept one close by and the other went to Mexico. Now the one I kept close did come out of it for the most part but I would never say she was rock solid environmentally. Take her out of her element and if you know what your looking at you can still see it. I got similar feedback from the new owner of the one down in Mexico. I crossed them both to solid performance bred American bulldogs and it helped tremendously. On the flip side, those 2 sisters could rattle your teeth when playing tug. Really on another level to anything I have seen personally. Here is my female. she caught the ear the 1st hog she was introduce to
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=1237924-tallula
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 09:26:39 am »

Had a son of Frisco here, born of the last natural breeding Frisco took part in. Left nothing to be sought. At least to us. Ol' man just passed away a couple years back.
I could go on and on about bulldogs so I'll stop at sharing what I thought was relevant to this thread, lol. Here's his ped. http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=258271

He was quite the producer too.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
OWL Black Mouth Curs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 10:30:51 am »

i feed a couple of half staghound, half "chinaman" bred catchdogs, stag bred over tight bred chinaman gyps.
all you could ask for in a catchdog.
redriverslim
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 10:56:39 am »

I had a male pup off Frisco I bought from Garner back when Frisco first was being advertised and were $300.  The pup was off Frisco to a daughter of Garner's Otis x Hollingsworth Holly (littermate to Dolly, Maydays mother).  The pup was rank and a man biter as well.  That really has nothing to do with this, (I just threw that in). 

TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 11:35:33 am »

I have a 14 month old male from game bred dogs that I raised from a pup
and he is working out for us. Not an ounce of dog or people aggression. He is heavy Boudreaux X Clemmons' bred. I didn't go looking for a game bred
pit, he was given to us . I was given some advise by a few good folks on here about how to proceed with a game bred dog and I really think it has
made a difference. They told me to NOT play any head games or tug of war or any ruff house games such as mentioned. I socialized him with my other dogs and we did not / do not tolerate any nonsense from him. We tried to focus his prey drive only on the couple hogs he has been on and nothing else. The second hog he was on cut him (very small cut on top his back)
and we got to witness that switch flip that we was cautioned about game bred dogs.  I really hope that switch never flips on any thing but a hog.
He's only been on 2 hogs so far but I think he is gonna be a decent catch dog. Time will tell. He really is a big ham. Will lick you to death if you let him. BUT we treat him like a loaded gun. Always under supervision. Never allowed to just roam free.  Just some observations I thought I'd share.

^X2 great response!
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 11:38:01 am »

i feed a couple of half staghound, half "chinaman" bred catchdogs, stag bred over tight bred chinaman gyps.
all you could ask for in a catchdog.

Wow that sounds awesome, I would love to see some pics if you wouldn't mind posting.

As for the Chinaman/Frisco blood line they are known to usually be pretty good athletes.
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 02:39:30 pm »

I love it. I could have just googled the bloodline but ethd is like a living encyclopedia for hunting dogs. Thank you for all of the responses.

bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 09:20:49 am »

I have this bloodline in my yard , to me it's the best CD I've seen , smart , fast , fast learning , figures out quick on not sustaining damage , I've worked with from young ages on handle, aggression , and showed them everything you could  amagine to work with handle , as for bite they are like a alligator , hit a hog like a freight train and have no fear or give , I love mine dearly , I also have one out of the ped above , meathead , they are like no other
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 09:27:24 am »

Thank you Krystal , rosé is special , merry Christmas to you and Jeff. , god bless you guys
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 02:38:54 pm »

Thank you Krystal , rosé is special , merry Christmas to you and Jeff. , god bless you guys

You are very welcome Mr. Bob, we are happy she went to someone like yourself and we enjoy her updates, as well as made a new friend in the process!

Merry Christmas to you guys too!

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: