April 19, 2024, 12:45:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catch vest  (Read 1093 times)
Spruitt
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:54:38 pm »

Do any of u guys use catch vest with cut collar attached.im goin to get a new vest an was thinking bout getting the collar attached if any of u have or do use them like this can I get some pros an cons. Thanks
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 05:27:39 pm »

I have a vest made by Hardcore, I called them and asked them to attach the collar.  I wanted the hardcore vest but I wanted it build like the Wildboar style.  Hardcore attached the vest just like I wanted but it didn't turn out like I wanted.  I think if I were to do it again, I would not have attached the collar to the vest.  Or you could have them attach the collar to the vest and if you don't like it just cut it off.

The pros are it is all attached, m vest ends up overlapping the collar so there is not use in the material holding them together.

The con is you have to use both and cant run the collar or vest alone.

I thought it was a good idea on my part when I did it, but its really all about the same...just cost me $15 more to have them sewn together.
Bowhunter1994
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:00:06 pm »

I like it.... But if you don't just cut it off

Sonny

If you cant hang with the big dogs STAY ON THE PORCH.
Spruitt
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »

I was jus thinking there would be less of a chance of a hog getting it teeth in there with them made to gather. But didn't know if it would hinder the Dogs movements
Dp 97
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:48:20 pm »

The collar attached to the vest does hinder there movement. What I would do is call Larry paris from p&p he puts a two and a half inch bib on the vest and the collar goes over that works good for me
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 06:57:01 pm »

Depends on what vest you buy.  Wildboars vest has a complete neck guard.  My vest only has a small piece attaching the collar to the vest.  When my vest is on my dog there is an overlap so you cant even see where they join.  If your vest is a low vest and your dog is tall, the collar sewn to the vest may restrict movement.

Here is a couple pics of my vest on my dog.  You cant even tell they are sewn together because the vest overlaps.

Spruitt
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:18:59 pm »

I like that vest does the dog get cut under the chin much
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 07:25:32 pm »

He has not been cut under the chin.  When I had hardcore make this vest, I asked them to add a chin flap.  As soon as I got the vest, I cut it off.  The material had no flexibility and did not want to give.  My dog had a hard time opening his mouth.

hogtied07
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 08:48:08 am »

I got the super suit from swamp dog vest is attached to collar with a chin guard. I haven't noticed it restricting his movement. The vest is a perfect fit on him tho I measured for a certain dog. If I put the same vest on one of my other dogs he can't move as well. Think it has a lot to do with proper fit.

T-PHILLIPS
bob
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 09:07:10 am »

I have 4 from wild boar USA , there stiff at first , but my CD has caught hundreds of hogs and is almost seven and the other 6 yrs old ,  there vest will save your dogs life and they will live to a old age , it just takes once under the jaw to realize what your missing , the best you can afford is always my way of thinking
Jaredmiko
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 09:17:10 pm »

We run the hardcore Beast and they have the collar attached by velcro and it works good no space between first and no restricted head movement
Jaredmiko
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 09:17:24 pm »

Vest*^
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: