March 28, 2024, 05:10:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hunting partners, who and why  (Read 1951 times)
BigAinaBuilt
Alpha Dog

TDHA Member

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2009, 01:09:25 am »

Damn guys! Reading through this thread really gos a long way to show what real solid hunting partners and friends should be about. I have had the oppurtunity to tag along with a couple of my uncles and ran the dogs with a few friends on a few occasions but here in Hawaii there is a real shadyness and akwardness about fellow hunters and "their spots" and their secrets of the trade. I experienced this from my uncles for as long as I can remember and kinda took it personal and started "running my own pack" with just my knife while I was still in high school. I scouted my own forests and how to get there, Got lost many times and  even slept in the forests with my pack on a few occasions!  Smiley It's been a learning experience but I actually would have it no other way because it has made me who I am today and gives me a feeling of connection while in the forests. Recently I have been tagging along with my Brother in law and showing him the spots that I have found to hold nice hogs or the places I like to train my young dogs in. He is actually a really good guy and I enjoy his company, He trips out on some of the stories I tell him while we are hunting but I think he enjoys my company as well (I hope). I just wanted to say it is really nice having someone who enjoys having you join them and share in our sport! Have a good one guys!!

Competition is not the domination of others, But rather the pursuit of excellence within each of us.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: