March 29, 2024, 06:56:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does any one know facts on this? Sam Houston National Forrest, WMA  (Read 19425 times)
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2010, 11:11:28 am »

I talked with a guy today from the USFS in Ratcliff.  He told me that all WMA's across the state were off limits to hog dogs.  I was planning on hunting some public land this coming year, but guess what!!!  Something needs to be done!

White Oak WMA allows hog hunting with dogs for about 20 days
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »

Well is this a dead in road!! Ain't heard nothing on this in a long time was wondering if it got droped or what???  I paid for my Texas dog hunter member ship and just added three members to it!!And working on getting more added!! I would hope they have not dropped this issue because it is a major one in are area!!

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010, 06:42:09 pm »

cward, we will be working on this issue after the contest. Would you like to help?

call me at 806 455 1297

cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010, 09:38:25 pm »

Yes sir will do what I can!! Will get with you after the competion and see what I can do!! Thanks

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2010, 10:47:14 pm »

cward, I think I live fairly close to you and want to be involved also. I use to hunt the forest.
The argument they are using is related to the status of the majority of the SHNF. I think it is classed as a WMA. It all kind of confuses me. A Federal forest lawman told me this. He said you can run hog dogs on the other NF's and the caddo national grass lands but not on WMA. Yet the White Oak unit still has it this year.
And what is the difference in a "wilderness area" and a "Wildlife management area"?
Another question, and one that really worries me, is why can you hunt fur bearing animals with dogs in the Sam Houston National forest, but not hogs?  All of the fur bearers are indigenous. Hogs are not and are over populating through out the state. From what I understand most biologists hate them. With these factors in mind, I worry that wild life management is not the reason for this decision. So what is? One of the steps to ban it all altogether?  The motive being more along the linesof the  animal rights garbage? I don't know?
I also don't understand how THE NATIONAL FOREST, held, and managed with our federal tax dollars, can also be micromanaged by the state, as TEXAS PUBLIC HUNTING LAND? Just more of our freedoms being taken away from us. I am sure many folks here that grew up close to any of the national forests here in Texas can remember always being able to hunt on it. With the game laws if the state applying.
"Ya, you can hunt that. Its government land" What now it well ya, its government land, but you have to pay the state some more money, and they have a bazzillion rules in addition to the state game laws. The National Forest? How un-american!
Sorry for the rant, but I think we need to speak up. In an organized, studied and intelligent way.
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 07:41:41 pm »

If you are in Texas then google "who represents me" Put your address in, then you will have the list of who to contact. Just remember to take state issues to your state representative and federal to federal. Make sure you do not come accross as a whacko. If you do you will be put on a list and just ignored. Mailing letters is the best way to contact your represetatives. That way you can make sure you are polite and come accross as a reasonable person. Get someone else to read the letter before you mail it so you make a good impression. Personal letters get more attention than form letters. Make sure you are in the district first. When in doubt call the office and ask. If you are out of district your letter will get thrown away unless it is an Eagle Scout letter. Good Luck!

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2010, 10:06:22 am »

Bump. Hey i don't even know how we would begin to tackle this, but the new regulations come out at the end of Aug. So I feel we should be doing something!
coyote1
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:36 pm »

any news on this issue?  i dont hunt hogs and am still able to hunt yotes in the forrest but i feel like stopping hog dogs is just the begining.  i wish yall would kill all the hogs out because it is full of them. been having a hard time keeping my young dogs off of them.  why couldnt the tdha sit down with the biologist and come up with a set of rules that are good for everyone even if it means no dogs duriing deer season, because we all know that what it boils down to the only thing they want is deer and happy deer hunters. but you ought to be able to hunt anytime outside of deer season. im willing to compramize are they?
oh youd be suprised how many coon hunters use the forest and i think they better get on board and help if they want to continue hunting.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: