April 24, 2024, 01:36:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else have a bulldog in the twenty pound range?  (Read 8455 times)
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 09:32:50 am »

Looks good!! Well, all in all, a good dog is where you find 'em.
When you're in bulldogs for a good while, you come to be able to recognize 'a look' exclusive to certain lines of dogs, if that makes sense. Funny because I'll see dogs with unknown history picked up, and I always wonder, where they came from, and what line of dogs they could have possibly been off of going by these 'looks.'

She's a good looking girl for sure.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Texashog26
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 12:25:52 pm »

Good lookin dogs everyone. I think over time its been forgotten exactly what pitbulls looked like. They were not these mammonth sized 120# plus eating machines people see in rap videos. They were 40# an under and 40# was a big dog then. I like seeing these dogs out there gettin it done. Just another example of the old saying, " it ain't the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" . Once again good lookin dogs everyone.

It just ain't easy!!!
Treezbulldogz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 02:07:02 pm »

Well said texashog!

Mrs.Louisiana, fine looking lil dog with nice blood to back it. I'm jealous  Grin  Good luck with her!
slimhogdog
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 02:37:16 pm »

30-35 lbs soaking wet. Been a dang good catchdog.

GET OUT DOG
blakebh
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »

I don't know what it is ben but I've got a thing for yella currs and black bulldogs. She is a fine specimen as far as build goes, hope she turns it on for you.

Nothing against any of the other dogs as there are some sure enough fine little dogs in this thread but for one reason or another i've always been partial to a black bulldog. I believe it may be Ryantbh on here that owns a black bulldog gyp named jane, she has to be one of the best lookin bulldogs ive seen, solid, small, hard, all business lookin type dog.
Ryan wishes he owned her! Lol Jane is a little closer to 40 lbs. than 20 but still what I consider a fairly small bulldog. Shes caught a few hundred hogs for me the last few years and has taken some pretty bad hits without a thought of quiting. She isnt perfect by any stretch and might be considered a cull on someone else's yard but I have no doubt she will do her job or die trying day in and day out and there's something about that that I respect.

CutNShootHD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 06:47:00 pm »

Thanks Rednose.  She sure is a ball of energy, and definitely doesnt know shes small!!    i enjoy hunting her, my male is about 45#, has more leg than she does and can run like the wind.  Its great seeing all these good looking dogs!!!   U started a good thread, Mrs. LA!!!
dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 09:17:28 pm »

I seen a small male pitbull today at one of my customers house it was small he told it was 8 months it had to be 25lbs told me he was thinking of letting it go but I just wasnt sure just hate to buy a dog that won't catch.he also had the sister which was just a little bigger . I guess its like box of chocolates u never know what u gonna get .  I guess how do y'all pick your pits?

IF YOUR DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!!!
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 10:00:45 am »

Thanks Rednose.  She sure is a ball of energy, and definitely doesnt know shes small!!    i enjoy hunting her, my male is about 45#, has more leg than she does and can run like the wind.  Its great seeing all these good looking dogs!!!   U started a good thread, Mrs. LA!!!

Thanks! Always up for bulldog discussions/topics!

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Kid7
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 10:32:27 am »

I seen a small male pitbull today at one of my customers house it was small he told it was 8 months it had to be 25lbs told me he was thinking of letting it go but I just wasnt sure just hate to buy a dog that won't catch.he also had the sister which was just a little bigger . I guess its like box of chocolates u never know what u gonna get .  I guess how do y'all pick your pits?
Always a crap shoot no matter where they come from. I've seen pits out of parents that were great catch dogs have no interest at all. And got them from the pound and they catch rock solid and would go in on the devil himself. Even if you buy a "guaranteed catch dog" from someone else there's always a reason they don't want it anymore.... Then again one mans trash is another mans treasure. Just got to keep trying them till you find one YOU like not wat someone else does

Seth Gillespie
dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:00 pm »

Always a crap shoot no matter where they come from. I've seen pits out of parents that were great catch dogs have no interest at all. And got them from the pound and they catch rock solid and would go in on the devil himself. Even if you buy a "guaranteed catch dog" from someone else there's always a reason they don't want it anymore.... Then again one mans trash is another mans treasure. Just got to keep trying them till you find one YOU like not wat someone else does
thanks for the advice gonna build a pen then ill start looking for a small pit like the old days dont care for these monster pits or short and fat pits just not what I seen when I was growing up.

maverick10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 07:56:40 pm »

Here is mine at least 30 pounds

HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!!! REMEBER IT!!!!
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 08:36:14 pm »

These are some fine looking dogs. I've always liked red dogs for some reason around the 50lb mark. They get a bad name for the bad people that have them just like the sorry people that have other types of dogs. But I have always been amazed at the pain they can endure without giving up. I have seen them on quiet a few occasions caught and be bleeding out at the same time and never give up I don't think it's any other breed of animal with that type of heart they have. I just thought I would put that in there. It's no other type of dog I had rather crawl in a thicket behind than a bulldog because I know they won't give up on you until they die
CutNShootHD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 12:56:19 pm »

This is my male, Reaper.  He is about 45#.  Ear catchin fool
JoshStokley
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 02:19:31 pm »

I have a small one.  He's blue but has been one heck of a cd and great dog in general.

Bottom is the determination to finish a task at all cost, even his life.
Noble_Kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2014, 04:09:45 pm »

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=160228

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=428591

Gonna be small, but is starting to figure it out

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=459141

#Do Work
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 08:44:15 pm »

top pic is the momma to the gyp in the bottom pic. I have the other litter mates too but idk if I have their pics. Momma is about 35 lbs and her pup is about 25-27lbs soakin wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 08:47:08 pm »

here are the litter mates to the gyp pictured above. None of them weigh over 30 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 10:35:25 pm »

Anybody got a small pit bull for sale thats around 6months to a year

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2014, 10:49:34 pm »

Hey TC they are looking good
pitnamedlevi
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 04:40:23 pm »

Here's my little gyp she's about 40 pounds and about 17 inches tall but she'll hang on one.

bay em catch em tie em
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: