April 19, 2024, 12:17:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aww man !!! I may have me a squirrel dog !  (Read 1247 times)
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:03:02 pm »

A couple weeks ago my 10 month old Cracker x Whitey pup that I got from Texashogdogs treed a squirrel in my yard. I let her run around the tree and bark at it for about 20 minutes and then I knocked it down for her with a .410 and let her have it. She chewed on it and carried it around all day. Well I let her off the chain this morning and she took off to the pond. I hear her barking about 30 minutes later and walk down there to see
what she's up to and she is circleing a tree and looking up and barking. I stand back and look the tree over real good and see a squirrel. Since squirrel season just ended I let her bark at it for about 10 minutes and then caught her and put her back on the chain so the squirrel could leave. I can't wait until May 1st when squirrel season opens back up. I've been wanting a good squirrel dog for a long time and if she'll make one then I could care less if she ever bays a hog or not. My boys could have a lot of fun behind a squirrel dog !!

A scared dog dont get no meat !
reatj81
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »

My son got a squire dog last summer, that's good stuff for boys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bjohnston0311
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:28:28 pm »

good luck in May......too many leaves on trees. hard enough seeing those bushy tails when there is no leaves. What kind on dog is it?
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:37:41 pm »

good luck in May......too many leaves on trees. hard enough seeing those bushy tails when there is no leaves. What kind on dog is it?

Curr with a touch of hound .

A scared dog dont get no meat !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: