April 19, 2024, 02:12:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me explain why these people are idiots...  (Read 1987 times)
WAARHEID
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:19:34 am »

I am not well versed in the history of hog hunting, but I don't believe it is out of line to assume that sticking hogs is a much older, probably thousands of years older, practice than shooting them. Furthermore, I've never heard that people who bay and shoot get less injuries to their bay dogs than those who catch, not to mention the risk of a stray bullet.
So obviously, as you can read from what I've quoted, these people are morons. Please elaborate on that statement if you can to help explain exactly why they are so stupid. Thanks.

You need help explaining why are they so stupid? Gun hunting is the "old" way of doing things? Are they seriously able to say that with a straight face?

I very seriously doubt that there were too many guns lying around in the 3rd century... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boar_hunting

Now if they want to make the argument that a particularly young/modern breed may have been developed as a bay-dog for gun hunters, then they may have a valid argument... I don't know... I'd have to do some research on the specific breed in question before I could speak to that. But in general historical terms, whether they used catch dogs, bay dogs (or even bay elephants) or both, shooting with bows/arrows and sticking with spears/knives is definitely the "old school" approach.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: