April 27, 2024, 05:54:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Young Dogs Stealing the Show!!  (Read 2618 times)
slckhunter1978
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2014, 05:34:20 pm »

Here is one dog that has really turned it on.  We sent him with a friend of ours down to Mississippi on a 6 day hog hunt, and he was on hogs every day.  When he got home, he really showed some of the older dogs up.  First trip out, he went out, found his own hog, and killed it (little shoat).  Next trip out, him and my main hound ran a hog 17 miles and held him bayed for over 20 minutes until we got the CD there.  Just this past weekend, he went out on his own and had a 1 1/2 race, baying multiple times, and then the pig busted the creek too many times and he lost it.  He turned 1 in March, and I'm definitely excited on what he will be like when he has a little more age on him.  As of right now, he's one of the better dogs in our pack.  For a Catahoula, he has an exceptionally good nose on him. 

I'll take some better pics of him sometime. 

He also ran and bayed the biggest boar we have caught to date, along with 2 other older dogs.  I sent the catch dogs in, and when they caught, he thought he needed to help them out and ended up with half his head cut open.  That put him out for a few weeks, but it sure lit a fire under his hind end on hogs now. 

17 miles... dang.... never had that happen and hope it never does

Hunt hard or go home!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: