April 16, 2024, 07:13:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody use bulldog/pointer crosses?  (Read 1349 times)
Dino1
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »

My friend in south Georgia told me this cross was very popular in his area and produces better dogs than bulldog and red bone crosses. By bulldog I think he meant American Bulldog (white English) or pitbull.
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:08:14 pm »

Yea bird/bulldog crosses are popular in georgia. A man started a line with them several years back called them Campbell currs. I've had 2 directly off Gary Campbell's yard. And seen one more. They was pretty gritty. When I first got mine they was road runners bad would run til you caught up to them but I culled one and the other was a decent dog most days just too rough for me and the other I seen was a good dog at first and a big sow whooped her down and it rurnt her she got culled shortly after
Hunt the Grunt
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 08:13:37 am »

I run mostly pointers but have (2) bird/bulls as well. The two bird bulls I have are gritty, especially with another dog you can just about bet they're going to catch. I don't run them hardly ever in the daytime though. I run my pointers in the day time and my bird/bulls at night. I check farmers' fields with night vision and send the bird/bulls to them while their eatin. I'm from Ga by the way.

And yes, a lot of people around here have the "Cambell Curs". I personally haven't seen but a couple that I wouldn't mind owning. Other than that, most are skittish, short range, alligator type dogs. Could be that I haven't hunted with enough of them but I have seen a fair share.
catchdogd
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »

I own a yard full of campbells long range and ruff. Great dogs but do have some wierdness aboit them  A bird bull cross is hard to beat around here. Good nose med range most time and enough gritt. Bird bulls are not campbells. Campbells come from gary campbell who has line breed them for years. Overall good dogs with enough gritt to stip.big hogs catch smaller ones and have enough nose to run a track. Just avout all of the bird bulls are silent.
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 08:15:42 pm »

I have an 18 month old bird/bull/Campbell that will show up most folks finished dogs.
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 08:22:20 pm »

Forgot to mention that most bird/bull crosses involve pits. AB's don't have to stamina like a game bred pit.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 03:26:39 pm »

I have an 18 month old bird/bull/Campbell that will show up most folks finished dogs.

You have any pics of him you wouldn't mind posting? I would love to see what one looks like.
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 03:39:09 pm »

Nothing special to look at. I'd rather not post pics of my best dogs.
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 06:50:21 am »

I've hunted with a few of them here in Florida.  I liked them a lot.  The few I hunted with were running wide open from the time they hit the ground & covered about every inch of it  lol. 

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Smiling like a killer
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 12:37:36 am »

Okay I got ya Buddylee. May I ask how yours hunts, is he straight catch?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: