April 28, 2024, 03:09:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pig in a pipe  (Read 1707 times)
NThoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:45:02 pm »

This was by far the toughest hog we have caught. Trent, Tony, and I went out last night after work before the storm. Ruby my BMC struck her first hog. Ruby, Luke, and Sadie had it bayed solid so I cut Hank loose. He caught and heard nothing but deep grunts, so I sent Pedro in as well. We ran to where we could hear the catch but couldnt see any caught hog. Right then we looked down and saw a culvert pipe with echoes coming out. Both catch dogs and all 3 curs were tangled in there with a boar. It was a long pipe and they were roughly in the middle, couldnt tell if the hog was tearin em up or vice versa. Reluctantly I decided the hog was too big to turn around in the pipe and crawled in the side his rear was facing. Too tight of spot to stick him plus all the dogs were wadded up in there. Tried pulling him out, but got scared and back pedaled out. Not to make this long story any longer he finally backed up about 10 ft from me. I crawled in grabbed a leg and hollered at Trent and Tony who were on the other end. They rushed over and helped me drag him out. Suprisingly all dogs were fine and Hank got his first shaving scar. The first pic is the pipe, the boar was in there but too deep to see them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:54:44 pm by Mike » Logged

North Texas Hog Hunters
T.D.H.A member
txboardog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:49:17 pm »

thats pretty wild sure wish i would have been there, nice hog

IF YOUR GONNA BE A BEAR, BE A GRIZZLY!!!
Rowdy
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:52:30 pm »

Good hog and great story bet you were drawed up pretty tight! Shocked

jml
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 07:54:03 pm »

Sound like a pretty exciting hunt, dont know if I would have crawled in there. I had a pig in a pipe at the house saturdat for about 10 hours except my pipe was smokin' Grin
HIPOCKETS
Strike Dog

BIG TIME HOG HUNTER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 08:05:28 pm »

NTHH,,, I've had the same thing happen to me except my pipe was 1/3 full of water and snakes.Theres just no room to stick the hog. When your crawling in on your belly you cant tell if your faceing the hog or not. Congradulation,,, Only the bravist of the bravist would have crawed in there. Cool

A MAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD!!!
Sean
Administrator
Boar Slayer

"You get that on video??", "..umm....well...."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »

don't know if i would have gone in there justin Shocked like the aussie's say, "good on ya!" lol

NThoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 09:12:28 pm »

Not sure I would call it "brave" :Smiley  Just concerned for the dogs Grin  Thanks hope it doesnt happen again though.  Going to put a grate across that one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:24:42 pm by NThoghunter » Logged

North Texas Hog Hunters
T.D.H.A member
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:14:44 pm »

Thats what I enjoy about hog hunting....something new every time you hit the woods.  Sounds pretty exciting.  I bet the adrenaline was pumping!

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 09:38:24 pm »

That is a one heck of a story Justin!  How big of a pipe was that you think, diameter?  I can get a little closterphobic, me a pipe and a hog would not make for a good story. 

Matt

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
NThoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 10:24:20 pm »

Not sure, about 2ft diameter.  Just big enough for a hog not to be able to turn around.

North Texas Hog Hunters
T.D.H.A member
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 10:28:08 pm »

"Not sure, about 2ft diameter" - Yeah, definitely would have freaked out a little on that one.

Matt

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Flatbroke
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 10:29:03 pm »

good job.  I think I have to be greased up to fit in there

next time I shave my Ass, we are gonna have to glue it on them slick haired ones.
NThoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:06 pm »

Wish you would have been there too Tye.  Your reach is a bit further than mine, I would have let you have the honors Grin

North Texas Hog Hunters
T.D.H.A member
nothing
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 11:38:34 pm »

sounds like it was wild but fun
Ladogos
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:36:39 am »

WOW thats pretty crazy. Good Story and it is definately a fear factor going on there.  I commend you for your crawling in that pipe and pulling him out.  Good Job. 

www.Ladogos.com
Marvin Garrett
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: