April 23, 2024, 12:32:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show off you Hairy dogs.  (Read 9140 times)
OWL Black Mouth Curs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 09:00:29 pm »

"You see a lot of Stag guys that have 20 plus dogs and only one female they breed to because she is the only one that makes good pups even though they might have offspring of hers to breed to."

can't say i agree with this...

a kennel of good bred staghounds has just as many producing bitches in it as any other kennel of performance bred dogs. yes, the bitch is important, but she is no less important in any other breed. can't say i have met a stag man that just bred to one bitch exclusively.

T.R.
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 11:34:36 pm »

My dads got kennels full of them if i new how to post pictures id post them all and his main dogs his jack russells haha

Riggin dogs and catchin hogs.
HairyHolder
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 12:04:58 am »

OWL I dint say they all did that, but lots have that one go to female that they can breed any male to and the pups still turn out good.

Rednose, it varys a lot in the hairy dogs I have hunted but I have not been able to cross breed a dog yet that was better than the two pure Wolfhounds I hunted and trained for a guy many years back. The key like any dogs is breed producers to producers until you get what you want. I also never breed a hard dog to a soft dog no matter how good the nose is.

ChanceandAnita
Catch Dog

Catch-em All..

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »

This is one of our lead dogs Creeksus my 4 yr old golden retriever he has been hunting hogs for 3 years, short to medium range strike-bay dog, rough as heck.. Can be a Little lazy on beating the bush finding a trail but in a hot sign, shuts them down quick.

Middleton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 06:21:58 am »

colecross
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 10:07:19 am »

Good looking dogs folks.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 10:33:58 am »

TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 01:41:08 am »

Had to bump this thread as I have one of these hairy dogs in training and I can't wait to see how she works!

Hey Purebreed if you see this thread I would love to hear how your hairy dog that you have posted ^ is working for you.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2015, 06:58:31 am »

Purebreedcolt has some hairy pups like the one waiting on you that are showing a lot of interest on pigs.      One of the two stag pups i have is gonna sure enough be a good one.  I let him hunt with my finder holders.   He goes out just as far as they do and makes 4 and 500 hundred yard circles with them.    He will peel off and go his own way and hunt around out there at 400.    He isn't lost because I will drive to him with my buggy  close enough I know he hears me and he won't come if he isn't ready.     Garmin will show 90 yards when I stop then soon it's starts showing 120, then 125 then 135, 150, 200 etc.     I'll just turn and go back to hunting the other big dogs and he will show up eventually and take a little break and will leave back out on his own or will leave out with the other two dogs after they show up and check in  and leave out again.   He pushes himself hard ands so after so long I will grab him up and make him ride so i don't stress his growing joints, muscles, tendens, and ligaments to much.       The other pup I have stays with my finder holders but just kinda acts like a puppy and just likes to run and play.    He won't go out by himself though.    I dont figure that's to shabby for a couple stag pups less than 6 months old.     
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2015, 08:34:20 pm »

Yeah it sounds like they are coming along nice my friend. Yeah with the larger breeds you have to be patient with them and let them grow into themselves some.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 01:33:18 am »

Here's my hairy dog

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 03:47:43 am »

Petty pup!   Will be interesting to see how it fills out and develops into.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 01:16:53 pm »

I like him liefal how is it bred?
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 04:45:33 pm »

He's half stag, quarter pit and quarter dogo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Middleton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2015, 02:40:25 am »

A couple handy hairy dogs some mates of my r running over hear in oz.

Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 04:51:32 am »

A couple handy hairy dogs some mates of my r running over hear in oz.

That black dog looks similar to my male.   He is wolfhound, deerhound,  mastiff, with a splash of dane and boxer.   He is a tad bit more of a deerhound look than that dog but not by much.    What's the make up of those two dogs?

I have a buddy that I believe has a female you once had when you lived in Texas that goes by the name of Hobson.     She is a hard hard dog!

I'll have to get someone to post some pics of my dogs on this thead for me in the near future.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 06:12:08 am »

Some of Blackstreak's hairy dogs....

Lapua
Lapuas brother
Didn't get names on these ones.[/URL[URL=http://s338.photobucket.com/user/itsacaseytime/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151106_085856-1.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s338.photobucket.com/user/itsacaseytime/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151108_230535_16242.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s338.photobucket.com/user/itsacaseytime/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151018_024817_9238.jpg.html]

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2015, 06:21:58 am »

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2015, 10:38:01 am »

Thanks for posting those pics Cracker!         
       The blond dog with the black muzzle and ears is McAllen.    She is mostly wolfhound but has deerhound and mastiff in her too.         The stag I just refer to as stag.   He is pretty awsome pig dog.    Will use his nose fairly decent but his eyesight is incredibly, he is a very hard hunting dog and has a tremendous prey drive.  He is incredibly hard for a stag used on pigs.   He has caught some nice boars 1 out.  He is very very regal acting also.   I used him to start Lapua and Sass and will be using him again for his pups as he is very very good with puppies and believe it or not, is the dominate dog of my yard  eventhough he is laid back.    To watch this dog mock fight with the puppies is amazing.   Very very gentle but very very deliberate and deadly in his teachings.  I have learned a lot about the stags mind when in battle by watching him teach these pups.   Very unique and amazing animals once you understand them.    The two young pups in the picture are aproximatly 5 months old in the picture.    They are out of my stag and McAllen.    Half of the pups were slick and threw towards the stag type look and build while the other half were hairy and more deerhound looking with a couplw looking like wolfhounds.   The two males I kept for myself threw more to the stag look but are very big boned.      The lighter colored pup must where a tracking collar when taken to the pasture.    He goes off hunting already and makes 400 yard circles either by himself or with adult dogs either one.  He play fights just like his daddy but acts and hunts more like a finder holder.  The darker pup is very regal acting like his dad but don't go off hunting  yet without another dog leaving out first. The black dog laying in the tank is called whiskers.   I haven't had him long but have already been using him a little.   He is gonna be a good one but is still kinda figuring things out.  He is a litter mate to Lapua and Lapuas sister Sass.      The black dog with the white on her face and stocking legs caught on a hog in one of the pictures with Lapua is Sass.    She is pretty unusual for her line of dogs.   She totally slick haired and lean.    Not hug bulging muscles like my stag but close, same as all the other hairy dogs.   They are pretty muscular dogs but the hair hides it.   All are very fast.   My stag is not as agile as the finder holder dogs but he is quick, if you can make the distinction between guick and agile.   
 Oh the black dog that's vested up that's standing in the tank is Lapua.   She is my pride and joy.  She has been a stand out ever since she was just a puppy.    She was very hard as a pup, she is a very hard hunter with a natural gift for it.   Covers lots of country with her big strides and carries her head down hunting with her nose all the time.  She is very laid back, very sweet dog, great handle to her, built very very nice with great confirmation and very easy on the eyes to look at.   The perfect length of hair too.   She has hair but it's not so long that it picks up junk like cucelburs plus it lays very nice and neat too.    She will probably be my once in a lifetime dog, though I hope to have more like her, from her.    Eventhough she is so sweet and laid back and passive acting, you won't finder her very far from the top of the pecking order lol.  She ain't no joke!
   I figured yall might like to see them in action so i sent Cracker a few extra pics.   Sorry i didn't have any pics of the dogs caught 1 out.   I have several but they aren't quite as clear as the pictures that are posted. 

Middleton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2015, 03:14:09 am »

Yeah I uses to have her, the guy I gave her to breed her to a Dane/pit dog I don't know if he still has her. Both dogs r a long way from pure breed dogs the black dog has wolfhound an deerhound base mainly but would have some other crosses in him, he's pretty handy finding off the back of the ute an a good sight dog too, he's a hard dog but very smart if u take too long getting to him he will let go an bark till u get their, the guy that owns him never runs a vest on him an he has never had any major injuries ( I like a vest but it's not my dog) the white dog is a very hard dog an a good finder off the ute no where near as fast as the black dog, he's got Dane, wolfhound bull Arab in him, he's prob only a 1/4 hairy dog. The white dog would be around 100lb an the black one a bit lighter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: