March 28, 2024, 02:12:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Georgia Boys  (Read 1420 times)
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:11:49 am »

Any one from middle or south Georgia familiar with Mr Brack and his White Bulldogs. Looking for some possible info.

Catchin hogs cracker style
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 10:47:20 am »

No first hand info. There are conflicting stories out there that you'd have discern for yourself if the people telling them have an agenda or not. Either way, I doubt those dogs have been anything but yard dogs.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 11:47:20 am »

I'd like to get more first hand info from people that have experience with American Bulldogs as well as these White Bulldogs. To me they seem like another family of AB. There is such a large variation in type, temp, and function within the breed. Some of these white bulldogs do seem to have a set type a bit different than most ABs. How do they differ in working ability and temp? There are some people that make very large claims about these dogs.
JUNIOR SEFFERN
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »

Warren I know your in Florida and there is a guy in sumpter county that raises some good ol' timey white bulldogs. He got started with some dogs from don Matthews from Georgia and still has the old blood at his place. Don got off the ol' timey white stuff and added in a bunch of the hybrid dogs and now has black dogs. The man in sumpters name is lee Henderson. He is a good guy and been breeding these dogs for a while and the ones he keeps are working dogs. If your interested I'll put you in touch
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »

Warren I know your in Florida and there is a guy in sumpter county that raises some good ol' timey white bulldogs. He got started with some dogs from don Matthews from Georgia and still has the old blood at his place. Don got off the ol' timey white stuff and added in a bunch of the hybrid dogs and now has black dogs. The man in sumpters name is lee Henderson. He is a good guy and been breeding these dogs for a while and the ones he keeps are working dogs. If your interested I'll put you in touch
Thanks, good to know there is still someone with Don's old blood. My Cousin and Uncle down around Sebring still have some of his old stuff. Have a friend here in Southeast Tennessee that has a male from Mr. Brack's blood that is pretty impressive at working cattle. Was wanting to hear from maybe someone else who had some of this blood to see if he was just a lucky find or if these dogs were something special.

Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 09:29:15 pm »

I'm not sure how much of Don's old blood that Lee has. He visits this board from time to time...if he see's the thread, I'm sure he'll reply.
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 08:32:50 am »

Think you are correct Scott, Lee currently has mostly stuff down from Kinghaven. He has been around a while, possibly had that blood but don't think now. He's a good guy and does hunt / use his dogs, if he kept them they worked.
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »

Somebody had pm'd me the name John Acreman from Dalton, Georgia and a phone number but I accidently deleted post before I could right down number. Please re post if you would. Thanks again

warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 11:54:33 am »

Thanks again AL72.  Yea I know what you mean. Most don't believe those traits still exist in these dogs . If you know what to look for, they can still be found though. With the right blood, I can still "build" cur dogs to meet my needs.

warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 11:28:18 am »

Yea Jimmy. It won't send. For some reason this friggin thing won't send to you. Anyway, she's a solid multi tasker. He's going to put a Redbone/Leapard cross over her in the near future. He's as quiet as they come and is his lead cow dog right now. Been a  proven "recipe" where I'm from for at least a couple of centuries Wink I'm heading to the Keys Aug. 3- 9.  Might have to stop by and get my old "crawfish" lights and bully nets. You had better still have my sh#t Grin i'll give you a holler at the house later. Hasn't your old man taught you that texting is for immature children Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: