April 25, 2024, 01:03:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Puppy selling educate?  (Read 1189 times)
jpuckett
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:21:55 pm »

Had a litter of 2 dogo pups ( I know right) and I am getting a deposit from a guy this week and he starts talking about getting a 6 month guarantee on if the puppy dies getting money back... Has anyone ever dealt with this? I didn't realize that was a thing... Told him if the pup gets sick from something we vaccinated it for then absolutely but accidents happen in the hog dogging world? Please tell me if I'm wrong here. I wanna do what's right by people.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:31 pm »

U can guarantee the dog is healthy when it leaves ur yard. Beyond that there are no guaranties. I would not give 6 months for nothing. With someone wanting something like that I would want the pup back before I returned any money live or dead.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:18 pm »

yep like shotgun said .  they only get a couple weeks with me , too many things can make the pup sick that has nothing to do with you  .  I mean if they come down with parvo within two weeks I could understand . the guy is asking to much it would mean he has no responsibility at all in the health of the pup for six months  ,  not me brotha !!

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 05:16:53 am »

That's crazy thinking a pup could be guaranteed.   Things can happen unsuspected at any time! 
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:23:49 am »

I just sold a litter of pups and no one wanted a guarantee but I guess id give them one if they asked, granted I didn't sell them for much.  BUt my guarantee would be a week to take them to my vet  (I trust my vet) and if they are sick or dyin bring them back.  but that's all id offer, like everyone else has said too much can happen once the pup leaves my yard.
Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:20:46 am »

This is like asking for a 6 month trial on pup to see if I like it.
Bottom line can we guantee we will be here tomorrow?
Do what's right because it's right.

But some people buy a 8' trailer and expect it to haul 4 fourwheelers and 27 dogs.

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.txmasoncatahoulas.com
www.tdha.org
Hunt the Grunt
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 07:31:49 am »

Heck no. Sell the puppy as is. You could get a clean bill of health from your vet if the guy wants to make sure the dog is healthy that bad. There are some twisted people in this world, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy your selling to brought you a "sick" dog the first time he ran in to money problems.
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 08:34:04 am »

I do know that some people will gauarntee their pups.  I guess some of it would depend on how much the pup was sold for.  Too easy to take a pup to a vet and get them checked out then both parties know for sure the pup is healthy, then their is no need for a gaurantee.  Same goes for a grown dog and things such as heartworms.
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 08:53:47 am »

I rarely ever sell pups, but if I do, I will give a guarantee that said pup is disease and parasite free/properly vaccinated and dewormed. Far as I'm concerned, I cannot control what said pup is exposed to or contracts once it's off my yard and out of my posession. All I can guarantee I that it is leaving here healthy.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 09:04:23 am »

A guaranty that it eats and poops lol some people just look for a excuse before they start something so it's never there fault
BarWHogDogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 10:44:10 am »

I know some of the big time breeders give a guarantee for a year but when it dies or gets real sick you have to have some solid proof of what it died from.  A lot of them also have a statement saying the dog can't be put on his until after one year of age or it voids the guarantee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
DirtyDave
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »

Proper etiquette on selling pups means they are guaranteed to be healthy when they leave your yard. No pup is guaranteed to hunt no matter how good the bloodlines are. Every dog you buy is a gamble. Sounds like the buyer is new to the hog dog game or is just a dick

Hic Ego Statio
Hutch33
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 03:32:25 pm »

Proper etiquette on selling pups means they are guaranteed to be healthy when they leave your yard. No pup is guaranteed to hunt no matter how good the bloodlines are. Every dog you buy is a gamble. Sounds like the buyer is new to the hog dog game or is just a dick
You can guarantee the health of a pup leaving your yard but guaranteeing that a hunting pup wont die in a 6 month period is to be the responsibility of the pups owner, not breeder.  A breeder can guarantee a pups health for how ever long they want, but 6 months is a long time. To me.
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 10:02:25 pm »

He said if the puppy dies. Well dies from what? I bought a puppy and paid half. The puppy died and it was not clear if I got the puppy sick or it got sick as soon as I got it. Now I was upset and would have like to get my money back. But I just did not pay the other half and we called it even. If the puppy dies from something from your yard then I would refund the money. If the dog dies from something clearly not from you then keep the money. If it is not clear split the difference. But if the dog runs out in front of a truck ... The world is a dangerous place.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
KevinN
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 10:37:35 pm »

If a pup lives healthy for 3 weeks off your yard...the ?disease? Didn't come from your yard. Parvovirus and coccidiosis are two of the fastest killers of pups. Parvovirus has a real short incubation period (less than 2 weeks I'm pretty sure) and coccidiosis is a parasite that CAN sometimes not rear it's ugly head till a pup/dog is stressed (a change of homes perhaps) but it can be avoided easily by treating the pups with corid before they leave the yard.

"Let's talk some philosophy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: