April 23, 2024, 12:43:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best all around huntin' boot for hog doggin'??  (Read 4588 times)
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 03:57:26 pm »

I started wearing tactical boots hunting also. we wear them at work and they are real comfortable so I thought what the heck. if you want a cheap place to get tactical boots try these guys:

http://www.botachtactical.com/

they have a clearance area and i usually can get 5:11 or another name brand for 19.99 depending on what they have in stock.

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 04:51:59 pm »

muleman for 20 bucks why not, i am going to get a pair-great deal.

I think you should wear them at work or in the gym as long as you have short shorts on, that would be a great new style for you! especially in the gym.  Shocked
ETHHunters
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 05:11:00 pm »

Im with Circle C Twisted X mine are more of the cowboy kind.
spazhogdog
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 05:13:35 pm »

The danner sharp tail covey snake boot in my favorite boot by a long shot.  They are waterproof and so comfortable I wear them year round.  I sure wish they would start making them again.  If they did I would probably buy two or three pairs just to have as backups in case they stopped making them again.  That's how much I like em.

Are these the boots http://www.snakeboots.com/

Gods gifts   grandkids and puppies
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 06:09:33 pm »

wife has a pair of the last post and likes them but I have a pair of cabelas brand snake boots and wear them all year long when hunting.  wear them some to work but will start to smell on me after a few days so.  They fit like a sneaker but are tough.  Love them.
Dexter
Hog Master

Confetti Catahoulas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 07:04:51 pm »

I use the Justin snake boot  i got mine from the outlet place in Ft.Worth

I had to cut them about a inch front and back just to get them over my calves and if you have a high instep they are a sob to get on and broke in but when they are man o man they  feel good
 no more catus and thorns in the shins

Confetti Catahoulas
Skip A Rope Catahoulas
skip_a_rope_catahoulas@yahoo.com  confetti_catahoulas@yahoo.com
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 07:15:20 pm »

This may sound cheesy, but I like the magellan diamondback snake boots. They are lightweight and have a tennis shoe foot portion and a sole with good tread. MUCH better traction than my ariat pro babies. I have weak ankles that like to roll, and the diamondback boots make me much more stabil.

Cheers
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
BobbyB
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 08:05:04 pm »

I use the Justin snake boot  i got mine from the outlet place in Ft.Worth

I had to cut them about a inch front and back just to get them over my calves and if you have a high instep they are a sob to get on and broke in but when they are man o man they  feel good
 no more catus and thorns in the shins

Ditto, Once they set to my feet, I can pull em on quickr than my everyday boots. Comfortable as all get out and I wear em when me and Karla go out t get a burger, the store or wherever. All 17" of 'em  Grin

" If you can't have no fun, ain't no use agoin' ! " - old man in a Sweetwater, TX cafe
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 08:20:36 pm »

i usually wear a hiking boot made by Cabelas.  The Perfekt Hiker.  Very comfortable boot and get good traction.  makes it nice when you go on the long walks.
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 09:00:02 pm »

On the Lacrosse you are right about being thin but its a trade off it also help keeps them lighter and cooler in the warm months..... that and they are not black.  Ofcourse Locust thorn wil go through the sole, your foot and out the other side, so I do watch were I step most of the time.  But I won't ever by another brand of rubber other than lacrosse grange. They fit my foot good I guess I can walk and jog miles in them and they have never made my feet sore.  Can't say they same for any other rubber boot I have worn.

Waylon
BigAinaBuilt
Alpha Dog

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 09:04:39 pm »

I use black rubber boots from WalMart and have the raw calloused big toe and blisters to prove it!!

Competition is not the domination of others, But rather the pursuit of excellence within each of us.
pig snatcher
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 09:12:07 pm »

Always like lacross rubber boots, muck boots and wick frog legs sewed to lacross boots.  If you are going deeper than frog legs just wear cheap sneakers, you dont have to dump them out and throw them away when they get too funky.  Have tried several brands of snake boot but havent found anything that will hold up yet.
pig snatcher
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 09:14:57 pm »

I use black rubber boots from WalMart and have the raw calloused big toe and blisters to prove it!!

I hate those stupid things.  Bought a pair once.  Wore them two days in a row and was darn near cripple.  Grin
stoked
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 11:57:40 pm »

lacrosse hip boots and if its cold i am putting on my neo waders . in the marsh they keep u warm and dry you'll see this year i will learn u something about marsh hunting

Son, i've been waiting to see that 7,000 acres. Tongue

I think we have enough hounds to stay on anything out there.

I think we have enough pitts and dogo's to tackle a heard of elephants too.. Grin

stoked
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 11:59:13 pm »

My biggest complaint about the LaCrosse Grange is that they're too thin.  I've had 2 pair and they got cut pretty easy. They're not thick and rubber was easily sliced by sharp debris on the ground. So I said fooee on buying an expensive comfortable pair of rubber boots and I went down and bought cheap thick uncomfortable rubber boots and they have held up fine. But I mainly hunt in my snake boots.

yeah, that's my biggest complaint with mine.

too thin, but did last me 2 years.
WAARHEID
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 12:55:54 am »

THE BEST? It will cost you.

Rubber - http://www.lechameauusa.com/hunting

Leather - http://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots.html
(custom fitted, hand lasted and hand stitched)

If you're willing to settle for less...
Rubber - LaCrosse, Setter, Bogs or Muck
Domestic Stitched Leather - Danner, Redwing or Chippewa
Imported Stitched Leather - Merrell or Meindl

If you're willing to settle for less and are on a tighter budget...
Cabela's Silent Stalk

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:59:43 am by WAARHEID » Logged

stoked
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 02:04:33 am »

wow, those are awesome!

how much..?? Huh?
BigAinaBuilt
Alpha Dog

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 02:30:51 am »

I don't wanna high jack anyones thread but it is in similar discussion of boots so I will post it here if it is fine with Stoked. I mentioned earlier I use rubber boots from Walmart and the reason I use them is because I know they come up to about 1 inch below my knee and as long as I don't step into a 18'' deep puddle that they will keep the water out. But by the end of the day my sweat has drenched my socks( I wear double socks )anyway! So my question is this: When you look at these boots you guys have posted and they say ''Waterproof'' with just a 8'' ankle, Does that mean I can submerge my foot in puddle and walk on through?? That is the only reason I stick with the rubber boots. Here in hawaii 80% of the hunting I do is in the rainforests so besides the puddles that you run through we also cross a few rivers along the way. Most of the rivers aren't deep and you can use the visible stones to cross but there is always a chance of slipping off the rock and your foot sliding into the water. I really would like a more comfortable boot but as comfortable as it may be if it gets wet and my toes prune up only 4 miles into the forest I will not be enjoying myself when I have to cut the trip short and have to walk back to the truck with soaked socks! Thanks again for the advice guys! If you would like me to start my own post Stoked just let me know and I will see if I can move it!

Competition is not the domination of others, But rather the pursuit of excellence within each of us.
crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 10:16:49 am »

Anyone ever tried the Redhead snake boots from Bass Pro? I don't hunt in the summer without snake boots as we have more than out share of snakes down here in Fla. I have tried several different brands and the Redhead pull on style with a zipper on the inside, are light and comfortable. They are waterproof for about a year, then your socks will start to get damp, but mine are about 3 years old, wore out, and I have never actually had water in the boots.

I like them as they are light and comfortable when you do a lot of walking like we do on the public land hunts.

Just curious as no one mentioned them.

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
setexasplott
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 10:43:06 am »

get ur waders ready as soon as the gators find there holes im gone to the salt marsh maybe i will get my airboat by then

i know i should be hurtin but im smilin ear to ear
TDHA Member
WWT Official scorer
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: