April 24, 2024, 08:26:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to try running vest on a couple rough dogs  (Read 2280 times)
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 09:47:41 pm »

It must be cool where y'all are hunting .I know by 830am our dogs are hassling pretty good and it's scorching here  I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be worth a flip with a vest on. Usually a dog can get over a cut with a little time but a heat stroke the dog won't ever be much after that.
shuttin em down
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 01:08:10 am »

I back up Larry parishs vest 100% his vests are all I use I run his 6 ply vest that go to the back of my dogs rib cage so they don't move awkwardly his vest are durable and dependable we've gotten on some bad s.o.b's and haven't had a hole put in em yet I used them for 4 years and I still run my first vest I've ever bought (from Larry) and it don't have any holes in it and he's fixed our vests for free where they fray out and he can build a vest to fit your dog we take dogs to him to have them fitted don't get me wrong i know people that use other brands of vests and they love them but different stroke for different folks let us know how you like em and good looking dogs and happy huntin
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »

Made a hunt this am and couldn't find anything fresh.  On the way back to the truck, I let the two dogs run in front of the ranger.  No issues at all.  Dogs didn't seem bothered.  When I stopped a creek to water the other dogs, the two plotts made their way down the creek a couple hundred yds.  The vest didn't seem to bother them at all,

Bo Pugh- I'm in Central Louisiana- had a little cool spell this weekend and a bunch of rain.  I've never experienced a cool spell like this (at this time of year).  I didn't really plan on running dogs again until fall or so, but I had to take advantage of this weather.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 07:36:36 pm »

South east AR here. When it gets hot we hunt at night. I don't hunt during the day much over 80. I hunt around lots of water also so I stop and let dogs cool regular. When it gets in the 90's at night I stay home. At night mid 80's and lower never had an issue.

Sounds like they gonna work good for ya. Good luck and happy hunting.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
TNT bmc hogdogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 08:12:52 am »

Iv ran cool vest on my ruff baydogs for 3 or 4 yrs  now it sure saves u r dogs and a vet bill. I run cool vest from waurika hog dog  shop good quality vest for the price
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 05:22:49 pm »

Here is one of mine dogs vested up. Nice plott dog you got there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 09:50:38 pm »

Looks identical to the vest Larry made for me.  I like the holes in the bottom of the vest to help water drain.  Very good looking dog there too.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 06:34:06 pm »

I like that vest I told him what I wanted and it came out just right I know some people say there heavy and stiff but I don't see much difference. But I do see a good product. Thanks on the dog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: