March 28, 2024, 06:03:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: thinking of having a hog hunting contest in crockett texas
live - 1 (100%)
dead - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on hog hunt in crockett texas  (Read 826 times)
ddkenneles
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2014, 02:04:10 pm »

who would hunt it and what would yall like  dead hog are live hogs to be weighed i would reather do live hogs let me know ya'll thoughts please thanks
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »

Should be a good meeting point for DFW and Houston Diggers to meet in the middle. Rich hog Doggin heritage in that area. Houston, Leon, Angelina, Madison, and Trinity counties all hold a lot of hogs.
-
Live weight would probably get u a better turn out. Be sure to clearly state your rules and prizes. Get a polygraph scheduled. Should be a good place to host an event.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
ddkenneles
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:34:30 pm »

when do yall think having it before are after deer season . i like the live hog turn in too . im working on every thing as of now . i wont everybodys in put to try to have a good turn out and a hunt. i wont it to be a good hunt with alot of good hunters. please give me your input please.
Boss Hoggin Outlaw
Strike Dog

335 lb. barr hog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »

I like the live weight hunts myself. You should think about doing it early after deer season I always catch bigger corn fed hogs then. You'll prolly have a better turn out. I'm from Leon county and would damn sure hunt in it if you had it while it's still cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He who kneels before God can stand before any man.
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:14:04 pm »

Late January or Early Feburary would probably be best. You will definitely want to schedule it away from Randy Bumpurs and the TDHA Events. I believe both are held in mid to late March. Look in the Hog Hunting Competition section of this board. A lot of helpful information on this topic in that section.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: