April 23, 2024, 06:23:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RAW FEEDING QUESTION.  (Read 706 times)
Backwoods
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:50:18 pm »

I HAVE READ ALMOST EVER SINGLE POST ABOUT IT, AND HAVE BEEN RESERCHING FEEDING RAW FOOD TO MY DOGS FOR OVER A YEAR, AND FINALY DECIDED TO DO IT...  EVERY THING IS GOING GREAT. HOWEVER, A COUPLE OF MY DOGS WHEN THEY POOP, IT IS ALRADY DRY COMING OUT. WHAT I MEAN IS IT IS POWDER DRY AND CRUMBLEING AS IT GETS PUSHED OUT, WHICH CANT FEEL GOOD TO THE DOG.   ITS ALMOST LIKE CONSTIPATION, BUT NOT, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...  WHAT IS MISSING.... I FEED CHICKEN BACKS, SO DO I NEED TO ADD FISH OIL PILL OR WHAT ?  PLEASE HELP,    BY THE WAY, MY DOGS HAVE NEVER LOOKED OR ACTED BETTER, AND I HAVE SOME GREAT DOGS, BUT THEIR PERFORMANCE HAS EVEN GOTTEN BETTER AND SO FAR AFTER FEEDING FOR ABOTU TWO MONTHS THIS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE.....
THANKS IN ADVANCE...
Hutch33
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:45:38 pm »

I'd go talk and ask your vet. Raw diet should produce small, dark & firm stool. If you don't calculate what they're getting correctly they could end up with a major deficiency. 
Texas Pride
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 04:12:16 pm »

I feed my Dogos a raw diet mostly chicken leg quarters but they are required a certain percentage of organ meat like beef liver or kidneys to keep the stool from being dry white and chalky but too much organ meat will lead to very loose stool so you have to find the right amount plus I give them fish oil capsules for the omegas they require.

Texas Pride Game Fowl and Argentino Dogos
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »

Chicken back is too much bone and not enough meat. Same with necks. Fish oil is good for them but won't help much with your problem long term. What else are you giving them ? Upgrade you meat source to chicken quarters. It won't cost much more and will be better for them.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 09:04:55 pm »

Every time I have fed raw the poop was whiteish never dark...I think its good to mix dry kibble with alittle raw. Chicken is good beef is better salmon is best... I cant afford raw all the time but do when I know he is going to work alot. Now were layed up trying to stay cool...

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 09:56:34 am »

I agree, its the amount of bone. Less bone more fat, muscle, organ. No one formula works best for every dog but just tweak the % of stuff till its good for your dogs.
Teag
Backwoods
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 08:13:52 am »

Thanks guys, I will do just that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: