March 29, 2024, 06:09:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jag terriors  (Read 2641 times)
mankinb
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 10:13:23 am »

BA-IV
Why is the hog running 4-6 hr?
Or do you wont to run 1 that long?
 explained to me.

Cut one in they are Bayed

Bill Mankin  254-842-4940
 mankinb@yahoo.com
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 11:54:49 am »

BA-IV
 explained to me.

Come down to piney woods of east texas and you ll see why they run 4-6 hours.
Nannyslayer
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 03:32:25 pm »

In big timber country where I am, if you don't have a dog that will stick to a hog for a few hours, your not going to kill many hogs in this country. We are 100% timber and these hogs love to run. Been many people with many different types of self claimed world class dogs come here only to leave empty handed.

I hunt with a guy that has some jadg and jadg cross dogs. Gamy as ever but none of them ever gas out. I'm not gona say they stay right there with the running hounds, but they sure aren't far behind. Can go all day every day that I've seen out of them.

Biggest issue I've seen with his are the dog aggression. Their fearless and will jump on an 80lb curr.
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 03:43:53 pm »

BA-IV
 explained to me.

I guess he runs cuz he wants to, but if I had to guess he's had a few run ins with cur dogs or hounds that thought were to rough or didn't have enough bottom to finish the job.

If you ain't gotta dog that will stick with one, you won't see many bays in the piney woods.
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 10:03:16 pm »

Run a hog 4-6hrs!! Forget that!! If my dogs cannot stop it before then, I will get new dogs that can stop hogs NOW!!

The only problem with them are their size in my eyes. Where I hunt is real wet and they would be swimming more then running! Need a dog with some legs where I am at to run through the water that's always knee high to thigh high in a lot of the land down here in Florida this time of year.
If they won't run him atleast 3 hours I would be looking to get me some new dogs that going home empty handed ain't to fun because of a lazy dog the only problems I see with them is when they get cut it's usually almost in half and a lot of times fatal but that's just from what I have seen I've hunted with quiet a few jags and always like the Dixie land the best and was considering getting one later on but only a Dixie land and was just curious if anyone kept up what Scott Alls had going. I don't want a jag right now as I got a few young dogs that need a little time but maybe next year would like to add one or two to the pack
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: