April 19, 2024, 05:48:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hog with no ears  (Read 5704 times)
To_The_Bone
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 09:17:52 pm »

I don't understand why you would without knowing what you were turning loose on, I have seen some bad wrecks because of that!
ferris tx
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 09:27:35 pm »

Judge peel u ain't right. Lol
shuttin em down
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »

Sometimes I send my bulldog a lot farther than I usually do or let em run just depends on if that place is known for runners or a smaller piece of land than I'm use to I know when they bark its a hog that's it no doubt about it
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 11:00:57 pm »

I don't care what pig is there my goal and my dogs goal is to catch the pig I know the places I hunt very well lot of times I don't even have to look at the GPS. Now if I am in a spot where there is live stock I will get as close as I can I ain't in the best of shape and getting up in age for a young guy but I can cover a lot of ground in a short time and my boys are bout as fast as the dogs most of my dogs catch on the spot so that is the reason. If i got a bay 1/2 mile away and it's a loose dog no hurry if I got a rough dog sitting down with a loose dog you best beleave I will send him fast as I can
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 11:11:56 pm »

I have let mine go from north of 600
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 09:52:41 am »

To the bone if you walk up to a bay and there is a big boar handing it to your dogs are you not going to let the dog go or something not trying to start any thing just asking cuz mine is going on what ever it is and I will be right behind him
ferris tx
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 11:56:44 am »

Cut his ass loose.  Wait make shure he's got both ears. Lol
lambert14
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 07:03:03 pm »

To answer some questions as I stated in the original post I am new to the sport. I personally have only been hunting with dogs for about year and a half. But I have been hunting with some seasoned doggers for a little bit. And yes I was behind my catch dog. I am in pretty good shape and running is no problem for me unlike some  other hunters. So 120 yds no problem for me to run. Was right behind the bull dog due to why he had to run through. Was behind him about ten seconds. So let the criticism continue. But as I said new to the game but have caught plenty by my self. I have had some great mentors. But for the future try helping new hunters instead of down grading. It will make the sport continue for years. Again never said I was better or experienced. Thanks guys. God Bless!
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 07:42:26 pm »

You sound like a good young man and yes good mentors are good no matter the age the key is beleave to achieve and that's in life as a general rule in life
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 07:54:29 pm »

Good job Lambert of catching him.glad the cd got there to help the rough dogs out.

Monty Bennet
lambert14
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 07:55:35 pm »

Yes sir. Thank you. I am still wet behind the ears at this. So I might ask some dumb questions. But better to ask and get criticized then not ask at all. God Bless.
Dlambert08
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 07:59:13 pm »

Slow are scared ass what? Some people on this site crack me up. Been on this site for the past few years and every post can be traced to a few that just run everyone down. I for the life of me don't understand this. New people that just started, asking for advise and pointers turns into someone being a idiot are pansy. Anyways enough of that. As to this post, different people have different styles of hunting. If you have a bull dog that you can turn lose at 600 yards good for you. If you like to walk in to were you can see him and SEE WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT, good for you. That's your style and your the one that feeds that dog and changes there water and pulls the money out to care for that dog. Much respect to you guys on here that have been doing this for years. It's a hell of a sport and not everyone can do it, don't believe me take a first timer and get to a bay and watch what happens. Seen some big boys turn into little girls on a big one. But because there style differs from yours doesn't meen there dumb butts. Me and my brother hunt a rough pack of dogs and turning a bull dog lose period almost doesn't happen to be honest with you. Most of the times They are already caught but at 120 when we do need them does that really seem to far  to the bone. Are did we
Just get lucky and get a set of super bull dogs. Highly doubt it. I've heard and seen several people doing this. Again our style our dogs. Guess we need to hit the track bro 4,4 40 isn't fast enough. And need to stop being scared of these SCARY HOGS. Cracks me up. What a joke. Get off the internet and into the woods.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 08:14:16 pm »

Lol I don't think my truck can put down 4.4 40 only time I get scared is when my phone is ringing at 3 am and says momma and I ain't home yet ouch
ferris tx
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 08:39:33 pm »

Lambert14 u actually asked a question in your post witch was asked the proper  way on the other hand your partner M Bennet posted the same number 2 and started calling out a SOB when he don't have a clue who did it. I'm sure these threads r connected just in different sections. Just to avoid all the smart ass replies b carefull of what u say or ask cause there r many people on here that do things u wouldn't do or don't like so thats how u get those downgrading replies.  Jmo

Judge peel I could bet your boys would smoke his ass to the bay on foot. I'll put $$$ on that
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 08:53:12 pm »

Lol they are pretty fast that got from having to beat me to mommas cooking lol
lambert14
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 08:56:05 pm »

Ferris it was just a question. And yes I asked Bennett about it and he posted not aware I already posted. And for the replies on the thread, guess it just goes to show different classes of people and intelligiance.  And a foot race would be nice. Been awhile since I ran a track meet. But I will say my brother is pretty darn fast. But guess last time he has ran in a meet was when he ran In college. Good luck. And I would Of Not expected any other reply from you after reading some of your other comments on some threads. Again this all has to do with class. Good luck in the woods men. If that is what I am talking to. Sometimes  I wonder. Was just wanting to know the reason on the issue not criticism on how I hunt. Thank you.
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 08:59:48 pm »

Been on this site for the past few years and every post can be traced to a few that just run everyone down. I for the life of me don't understand this.

Ive said that before.  Someone made a comment a while back that some of the folks that have ben on this site the longest were not posting much anymore.  Another person said, the reason was because the site was going down and there was too much arguing.

I don't think the site has gone down, but I agree that there are a few that enjoy putting someone else down for some reason.  Ive learned you cant take anything on here personal.  If your going to post something, be prepared for someone to argue.
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 09:10:25 pm »

Yes ferris tx were best friends.
Im and old chicken fighter and I love to bet.ill lay money on these Lambert boys.

Monty Bennet
ferris tx
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 09:17:01 pm »

I
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:49 pm »

I fight chickens to but it's mostly at churches
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up