April 19, 2024, 10:15:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: polling eth for rcd cross choices and other ??  (Read 4222 times)
jagdtank
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »

my problems with the bull dogs/pits I've had are, not wanting to catch at all, re gripping,  inconsistent catch,(which is very very irritating) charging in on hog then stopping short before catching which spooks the hog and gives it a chance to get its sprint on.the ones that i've picked up that would catch were either dog aggressive due to poor raising or people aggressive. I've tried about ten different ones in two years that didn't work out at all. my buddy has one that almost always does the job but He let go of a really bad boar and heeled beside us and got my dogs cut pretty severely one time. I may be picky but i had a cur cat cross at first and i haven't even found one as good as her yet and she wouldn't always catch right off.she gaged hog first and almost sneaked in to a yard or so then nailed ear like lightning.i am interested in around thirty or forty lb game bred dog with some leg on it but i dont want no human aggressive dog. If it gets loose i don't want my kids mauled.I also would like to think i could find one with some handle to it.I've hunted with dogs like this that are straight catch every time but i cant seem to get one. Maybe a dog like i want isn't out there but i want all that plus i want to have to use a break stick to remove it from a hog not just use one but need one or a knife to remove the ear!). I saw a blue tick that caught so hard I broke break stick trying to pry him off his eyes were bulging he was gripped so hard it took three of us to get him off and a big boar at that.surely there a bulldog like this out there or some dog. I think some one will read this and know what the problem is i'm not apposed to constructive criticism. Im just getting sick of seeing hogs bayed and loosing them. i see it taking some of the bottom out of good strike dogs.I don't like it at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: