April 23, 2024, 09:16:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: polling eth for rcd cross choices and other ??  (Read 4384 times)
jagdtank
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:43 pm »

i'm not set either way but rcd is what i want.If i had my choice it would be a tall lean lighting fast dog that locks down on an ear. but i'de be ok with a lead in as long as it is solid. my main dislike with a lead in is i walk hunt and it gets old leading one all day.If it hunts too it's ok. .................................. to the other question The first few pits i got were whatever i could get off graigs list. everyone says they all usually catch.... they don't! then a more experienced guy told me not to mess with them unless they are under two.I have had no luck there either but the youngest I have had was about 1.33 yr or so I have a american bulldog puppy right now that will likley do the job they are bred from those iron dog competition dogs and very high dollar but this was given to me to prove out gameness as a catch dog. this is the first prospective cd puppy i've had. she is a very laid back dog and loves to use her bite. I can see pups are the way to go but I only have loose dogs right now so I'm forced to take someone with a cd or take a gun. I need to get a dog ready to go soon or I'm not going to be able to solo hunt this fall and thats really what i like. my goals have changed since i posted at first because cold weather is getting close and i just need a good cd ready to go for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: