April 25, 2024, 06:54:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: polling eth for rcd cross choices and other ??  (Read 4411 times)
jagdtank
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 10:01:22 pm »

I dont know about rough curs.I wouldn't mind if any size hog was a caught hog. I would like to have that blue tick for sure though! I have noticed about every dog i see for sale around here is gotti razer edge.I'm thinking maybe your pits further south are closer to game bred lines or something.  this bulldog pup i have is from brave heart kennels in saint louis. she is a tall pup that carries herself like a puma. I figure she will turn out I put her in with a 40 lb pig she is 13 weeks old. she trys to eat him if he comes near her. this fella gave me a pup worth a couple grand at least i looked him up online. papers and all on the condition i report progress to him so he can test gameness. he drove from saint louis twice to meet up which is five or six hour drive.I figure you're gonna bread a good line of dogs if your that serious about your performance. she is awesome i sure hope she turns out i'm going to have a hard time parting with her if not.
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 08:46:01 am »

Jagdtank, thats cool. I know the guy (via the web) who gave you the pup to try out. I have offered the same to hunters when I have had litters but being in Buffalo, N.Y. makes it quite a drive. I think its beneficial to both parties tho. Hope the pup works out.
2014hogdogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 08:25:55 am »

Catahoula pit cross.
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 11:05:39 am »

Three stock bred " rough as they need to be" cur dogs should be able to stop and anchor anything that walks, at least the ones bred where I'm from Wink

Catchin hogs cracker style
Emory G
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »

I have couple of rcd type dogs that will function as a lead in as well. I've had success with both finding hogs a number of times. One of em is a blue lacy/American bulldog and the other is a cat/pit. The lacy/bulldog is a stockier built dog but quick and very fast and has a surprisingly good nose. The cat/pit is a tall tall dog. Lots of leg under him and doesn't wear out fast at all. Just thought I'd give some input on this topix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dino1
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2014, 07:27:47 pm »

Two crosses popular in Georgia and Florida panhandle:
American Bulldog x Redbone hound
American Bulldog x birddog
Popular in Louisiana and Mississippi: Johnson American Bulldog x game bred pitbull (many believe this is the ultimate bulldog, just can't get any better)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: