April 27, 2024, 03:55:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: proper dosage for Safeguard 10% suspension goat wormer liquid  (Read 2826 times)
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009, 04:35:06 pm »

how much do you give per every 10 pounds of dog?? DO you inject it or give it orally? do I have to mix it with water or anything?
USHOG
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:38:13 pm »

I use 1 cc per 5 pounds. Open their mouth and sqirt it behind their toung. Make sure they dont spit it back up with their toung. This must be repeated for 3 days in a row every month.

hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:45:10 am »

is that too much? I hear one guy say 3 cc for a 45# dog. then I just read another guy say 1 cc for every 10 lbs.  just want to make sure I give them enough to kill the worms. do you always have to do it 3 days in a row or only on really bad cases?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:47:42 am by hoghunterdfw » Logged
USHOG
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 01:07:10 pm »

1cc per 5 pounds is the corect dossage. The reason for 3 days is that the life cycle repeats every 60 hours so if you give it for 3 days strait you will kill the adult worms and the next 2 days are to kill any eggs that had not hatched at the time you gave the first round. Safe guard will not kill the eggs until they hatch.

WAARHEID
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 05:26:40 pm »

It's very difficult to overdose safeguard (though it can be done). The active ingredient targets an aspect of the worm that is not present in the dog, therefore it is very difficult to hurt the dog with it.

pig snatcher
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:03:56 pm »

If that is the same safe guard goat wormer I am thinking of, I use 3cc 3 days in a row (that is what ever body else uses and what the feed store recomends).  Bottle is out in the shed, will look at it tommorow.
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:45 am »

Does the goat wormer have to be given straight or can you shoot it on a spoonful of wet food?

What about a small amount of the Safeguard horse wormer?  Will that work as well?

Just asking - I don't know the answers.
WAARHEID
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 11:07:46 am »

the horse paste is in a different concentration that makes it very hard to safely dose in small enough quantities for a dog. I'm not saying it can't be done, it can, but it's better/safer/easier with the goat liquid at the lower concentration.

AnthonyB
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 01:38:26 pm »

i read a post on here once that discussed safeguard wormer, and if i remember right the active ingrediant in the dog pouches is much higher than what is in the horse or goat wormer. if you go to the safeguard web site it gives you the active amount for each type. may be something to look into cause you dont want to under dose your dog either. could be wrong on the math, but remember reading on here somewhere too.

I hunt and breed FBMCBO,inc. dogs. (Weatherford's Ben)

TDHA BOD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: