April 19, 2024, 03:24:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: camp-a-while catahoulas  (Read 3168 times)
slckhunter1978
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:06:17 am »

Seems like a lot or most of the people breeding and selling registered catahoulas are doing for show or bay pen stock and they all want a pretty penny; especially for blue/gray colored pups with glass eyes.  I don't know of too many hard hunting cat lines around.  I know they are out there.
[/quote

opinion same here i started out with cats had a couple decent ones. Very short range and very hot nosed and had one that was really good at shutting running hogs down until he got off his chain one day and decided he was gonna shut the bulldog down. That was that i sure have come to miss that one quality tho as we are having a really hard time shutting hogs down anymore. Dont get me wrong i have hunted behind a couple dam good cats. Guess i had bad luck picking them. I faded to bmcs and hit somethng there and never looked back. I do like a touch of plott n them but my best dog right now is full bmc. Its kinda funny u mention color and money as my experience with them the 2 dam good ones i have hunted behind were both black n tans with no glass eyes. Just wanted to share my 2 cents and yes i did buy a camp a while cat from mrs bando at uncle earls. Dam good bay pen dog. But like i said maybe the fault was my picking??   Huh?

Hunt hard or go home!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: