April 18, 2024, 10:01:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Cutgear?  (Read 2743 times)
ferris tx
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 09:36:36 pm »

U get in the trinity river where I hunt with all that cut gear on a dog your gonna wish u wouldn't of. Seen 3 dogs of other people I've let tag along. And they cried all the way back to truck dogs went under and I assume got hung up never came back up. So I've always carried it but hardly use it. Rather my dog die to a pig than drown. Jmo
hillcountry
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 01:05:03 pm »

cut gear? we dont use no stinking! Cut gear!!!!.

If your scared you can ride in my pocket.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 09:08:04 pm »

Ya ferris the river makes me nervis with the dogs that have vest on but what ya going to do
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 06:16:06 am »

I have to admit I seldom use cut gear. I like my dogs to have full range mobility, as well as learning to fight a hog to minimize injuries. I carry a vest for the bulldog, and if needed can put it on before releasing him.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 11:30:25 am »

Taz most of my dog will catch or try to catch no matter what size the pig I vest up cuz I don't want to send them to there death
ChanceandAnita
Catch Dog

Catch-em All..

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

We run Gear on our dogs year round.. When it's hot we hunt more water spots and at night, I carry a bottle of water on me at all times jus in case we have to cool one down.
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 02:35:46 pm »

i can see putting it on the bulldog from time to time but i cannot see putting it on a baydog ever, if it gets ruff enough they will back up and bark but its no way i could hunt a dog in a vest i dont think they could run a three or four hour race through thickets and swim creeks etc without being hindered alot. ive seen few dogs be swimming in high water get hung in vines without a vest and drown and seen few heat stroke with a vest on and seen a few die from hogs, i would rather mine get killed by a hog than get die because of a vest.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 03:45:29 pm »

Bo Pugh I hear ya my dogs have run hogs 5 or 6 hr with vest on we hunt some rough stuff just like every where else. But my dogs has been cut up teeth knocked out and still not back up that why the vest stay on those dogs others I will run with out just the way I roll with it got to way your options and know your dogs
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 10:26:11 pm »

With the right vest it's not a problem to run 4 to 6 hours. The trick is finding a vest that fits the way it should. No restriction but plenty of protection. Not every vest on the market is made for a running dog. I have mine built to measurement with alterations to the standard pattern allowing extra reach. Like stated tho u do have to watch the heat a lil closer.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2014, 06:09:00 am »

There is no right or wrong answer, to each his own, I've had cut gear save a dog and I've had it cause a catch dog to miss more than one hog,I've seen to many dogs get hung up because of cut gear, I prefer my catch dogs to learn how to catch and take a beating without the aid of a vest, IMO this learns a dog how to catch a hog the right way
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2014, 08:57:27 am »

Ive done it both ways and imo the best answer for heat is an Aussie style vest that covers vitals but is minimally invasive in mobility and heat ...not to mention they go on in one quick swoop
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 08:30:38 pm »

There's no way I can see running my CDs or my rough strike dogs without a vest it's hard to replace a great dog we run vest on ours year around and it gets hot and humid here in south Texas but the dogs do fine. The right vest has a lot to do with it the only vest we use are hardcore hog dog vest with 2 layers of Kevlar been using them for a while and no complains so far Michael is a good guy and can help u out with any questions you may have
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: