April 19, 2024, 08:35:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Painter American Bulldogs?  (Read 13360 times)
Haggiebear
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 02:34:01 am »

The margentinas are still into it.... They  were at my house earlier this year picking up a pup out of a bitch they produced.. The bitch is a sister to American legendz dirty... The male pup is they picked up was from a mother to son breeding... Crunching up on naughtys ped with an out of leatherneck blood... Can't wait to see him in a year or two.... His sire snapper made a good bulldog and is with a hunter in Louisiana named Brandon I believe Juan sent him a dog too... Snapper has caught the hogs I put him on.. Hopefky he continues to progress in Brandon's hands... Here is a ped to my snapper dog... http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=2109774-castillos-yetti Like Juan i keep in touch with the margentinas and will be collaborating with them in hopes of producing some honest Bulldogs for them myself and others interested in this blood... Juan Britt gave me your number I'll give you a call this weekend I've got some cool breedings I'm doing that u may be interested in....
alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 01:57:43 am »

When Mike Margentina started breeding again a few years back Joe had given him the only dog he had left. He was an inbred dog that Mike bred to a gyp from Danny Barnes that was Painter/Scott on top and Deets on the bottom. Mike also bred that male to one of Alan's gyps that went back to his old stuff (no Crusher). That produced Don's dog and Alan's dog (Mikey). Joe and his son did get back a couple of dogs that were supposedly bred down fom his dogs from out west. But, they ended up returning them as they did not suit them. So, really, if you're talking heavy to pure Painter blood...there's not really too much out there to choose from. Now Mike did breed the number 2 out of that old dog that Joe gave him...so you can find it...just diluted to varying extents.
This Danny Barnes feller, is he still around and if so, do you have a contact number for him. I've got a friend here in SE Tn that has some Brack blood along with some old Barnes stuff. They are "the kind' I have been looking for.

Let me know what you find out Warren.

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 08:52:23 pm »

When Mike Margentina started breeding again a few years back Joe had given him the only dog he had left. He was an inbred dog that Mike bred to a gyp from Danny Barnes that was Painter/Scott on top and Deets on the bottom. Mike also bred that male to one of Alan's gyps that went back to his old stuff (no Crusher). That produced Don's dog and Alan's dog (Mikey). Joe and his son did get back a couple of dogs that were supposedly bred down fom his dogs from out west. But, they ended up returning them as they did not suit them. So, really, if you're talking heavy to pure Painter blood...there's not really too much out there to choose from. Now Mike did breed the number 2 out of that old dog that Joe gave him...so you can find it...just diluted to varying extents.
This Danny Barnes feller, is he still around and if so, do you have a contact number for him. I've got a friend here in SE Tn that has some Brack blood along with some old Barnes stuff. They are "the kind' I have been looking for.
10-4 Alphabravo  I have run dry on info on Barnes. My buddy got his dog from someone in NW Georgia as a pup. The Brack dog came from Mr. Brack's yard. I witnessed both of these dogs bunching and ringing cattle and was very impressed. Rough as needed but still had a good bit of finesse. Both, on his command, would also swallow one's nose, as well as come off  Wink I've looked at quite a few "so called" white bulldogs here in SE Tn and they have all been junk in my eyes. They've all had one thing in common, "pit" bulldog bred into them.

Catchin hogs cracker style
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 08:54:35 pm »

Messed up on the Quote thing Grin

alphabravo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 08:58:06 pm »

10-4 Alphabravo  I have run dry on info on Barnes. My buddy got his dog from someone in NW Georgia as a pup. The Brack dog came from Mr. Brack's yard. I witnessed both of these dogs bunching and ringing cattle and was very impressed. Rough as needed but still had a good bit of finesse. Both, on his command, would also swallow one's nose, as well as come off  Wink I've looked at quite a few "so called" white bulldogs here in SE Tn and they have all been junk in my eyes. They've all had one thing in common, "pit" bulldog bred into them.

I hear ya. Found a breeder in SC  That has " old time southern bullodgs" that are basically Hines line dogs bred to Bosshog and again to pitbulls.   Catch a hogs like a sonovagun, claims have been made that these dogs can herd but I've seen no evidence.

http://stevensonsbulldogs.webnode.com/

Life's not a bitch,life's a beautiful woman. You just call her a bitch because she won't let you get that p#$$y - Aesop Rock
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 10:24:38 am »

Pastor Mark is as honest as they come.  He has some nice foundational bulldogs.  Stevenson's Jet has that boss hog blood and is a real nice male.
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »

thanks for the info. Although I can see the "pit" in some of his dogs, I would like to talk to him about some of the others. Before I get to involved, what's his average price tag on them dogs.

Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 10:03:03 pm »

hate to speak for anyone but I know pastor mark and he's always willing to workout deals with hog hunters and people who work their bulldogs.  I'm sure if you speak to him he would work out a nice working deal with u.  He's a very reasonable man. 
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 10:16:01 pm »

as far as danny goes he is on facebook.  I don't know if he's still in dogs.  I haven't spoken with him for about 2 years.  I sent the white bulldog I had from his breeding to Myles.  Myles bred her to a hybrid American bulldog some time back. 
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 10:31:21 pm »

here's old school Painter/Margentina  x White English blood.  Pup I had on the yard from Mike and Patti Margentina. 

American Legendz La LLorona

warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 11:54:58 am »

10-4 I'm going to holler at him this evening.

Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2015, 07:37:53 pm »

Yea, I tried to cross Red with my yard dog to produce some bigger type AB's. The outcome is making me sick.....I'm thinking the pup my neighbors own "kilo" got to her before Macho.

I will just say her 1st litter was a practice run.lol

Other than that I'd say Red is a real deal bulldog, she's all there and is doing a great job.....

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 08:23:07 pm »

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 05:04:17 am »

That's a cool picture I never thought of taking a picture like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 06:11:53 am »

Nice bulldog fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk