March 29, 2024, 10:32:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Running hounds?  (Read 3875 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »

Goose, I have asked Charlie to come with me the last two times I have went & he has been to busy. He is real short handed right now & with the dry weather he has had to keep working. Me, being the buddy that I am, have teased him relentlessly with pics. of the hogs we caught on the last two hunts that I texted to him.
  Harold Parker is another cat hunter who has devoted his life to hounds. Like said he has used some Clay blood & his own & bred his strain of running Walkers for over 25 years just for cat hunting. He has come over twice & hunted behind my house with me & showed me cats each time & this was in the summer. He also has Treeing Walkers that he uses for coon hunting. If they are anything like his cat hounds they are top notch. Harold has a handle on his hounds that is unbelievable. He never carries a leash. I have seen him call 10 hounds off of a hot cat race when they started headed for the highway.
  Interesting note, Harold does not mix his Treeing Walkers with his cat dogs. He told me in our country(down south) that if a dog even thinks about treeing, he will never catch up to the cat. Also for those that think all running walkers are hot nosed, you will find these cathunters breed for cold noses.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
booney
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 07:08:24 pm »

Ya i have a couple that Will make a coyotes day go bad about any pair of day dogs i have can kill one pretty easy i guess u would say
booney
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 07:16:57 pm »

some of the pups I posted awhile ago they are starting to go now at 6 months old
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 07:24:08 pm »

Mr. Mike I ran into him in madisonville several weeks ago and he give me and Francis Spiers several 5 gallon buckets of okra, said he had been real busy then as well .

Harold an I are good friends we back ground all of his cattle for him. You should see his pack of kelpies work a set of yearlings about 500 deep. He never touches them he opens the box and sits in his truck and has trained them to push the cattle toward his truck whenever he blows the horn. Him and Mrs. Dawn are good people.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 07:27:00 pm »

Booney reason I ask I'm wanting to breed a little walker in this line of curs I have to add some track speed and more game craze and this line were talking about is what I'm going to use, a type of dog who has one mission on his mind and that is to catch the game he is after.
booney
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 08:17:25 pm »

Goose I have some running walkers with good noses that if they can smell can run a track as fast as they can move and when they get to the end know what to do are they the best no but they suit me good . If there is anyway I can help u out I sure would nothing I like better then trying to produce better dogs which I am still learning to do also
poorboyzhogdog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 09:51:02 pm »

Booney how are they bred they are some great looking young hounds

Beers and boars let's get some huntin done
booney
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 05:35:55 pm »

July hound go back to old German lines friend south of me raises them and the walkers are a little crogan bred with a touch of fox dogs
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 05:43:51 pm »

This is a pair of running hound x cur dog crosses I'm raising. I didn't breed em, just fortunate enough to be allowed to raise.  They were 4 months old in this picture.

booney
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 08:26:30 pm »

Some racey looking pups there nice
booney
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 08:27:51 pm »

They have some july in them ?
poorboyzhogdog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 10:46:08 pm »

I've been wanting to give them July hounds a go for a while  just havnt found any close

Beers and boars let's get some huntin done
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 05:44:35 am »

They're half July if I'm not mistaken.
booney
Catch Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 06:38:16 pm »

Ba I've from the looks of them I would say you are not mistaken lol good luck with them
Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 06:42:19 am »

Sure is a spitting image of little boy!   They where breed to hunt so you will enjoy them i'm sure!
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 08:43:53 am »

I met Mr. Clay in 1999 in N. Fl.. It was about 25 degrees out that morning. I was alone and caught a sow about 150# in a ditch deeper that I am tall! I caught the sow and was sitting on the bank and freezing cold and out of breath and I hear hounds coming and cold trail across the road. Two guys drive up in there late 60's and early 70's. It was Mr. Clay and his hunting buddy. They tell me how unintelligent I am at the time for swimming and being alone.

They gave me a ride to my truck and invited me to eat lunch with them later. I did and we talked hounds for 2 hours. I was glad to meet him and I really did not know the quality of his hounds till a few years later.
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog

Cody Everett

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 01:10:25 am »

Uno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print