April 19, 2024, 07:24:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cowboy jobs  (Read 2006 times)
BaynSlay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2014, 06:54:39 pm »

It has gotten hard out here for a young guy starting his career. If anyone knows someone that needs a hand, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. Most of my experience is with yearlings
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:56:08 pm »

Where u located?
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 07:43:00 pm »

My boys do pretty good around here there many horse ranches in north and central tx don't know where your at. Most are ran by women that there wealthy husband pay for not as many horsemen as there use to be if ya notice hay bales ain't as big ether so these cowgirls can handle more easy. Good luck out there
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 07:54:42 pm »

My boys do pretty good around here there many horse ranches in north and central tx don't know where your at. Most are ran by women that there wealthy husband pay for not as many horsemen as there use to be if ya notice hay bales ain't as big ether so these cowgirls can handle more easy. Good luck out there

Ranches ran by wealthy women.....I am in the wrong job!  I'll start cowboyin tomorrow without giving my employer two weeks notice Cheesy
BaynSlay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 08:49:10 pm »

Im located near Bastrop. Ready to pack my bags
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 03:19:53 pm »

Ranches run by wealthy women? I must've been livin under a rock for the last few decades. I'm doing it all wrong, post a contact of one of these ranches. I'd love to work there.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 03:43:53 pm »

I aint going to be much help my contacts woulxdnt be full time just sometimes in and around san angelo
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 04:15:13 pm »

Lol y'all ain't right I guess we see who want to work and who wants to sit and stair lol. If I give ya contacts where will my boys work lol man there's hard core cowgirls all over but you have to go where there is money and not many fellas with the knowledge of the horse game just like anything else.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 05:04:34 am »

If your ever down around southwest ms the cattle market is booming down here. If you had a place to stay and your own set up my father in law is like a cattle baron around these parts I could give you some contacts for some day work and working at some sale barns.
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:12 am »

hey goose , do ya'll have any wild cowcatchers in your country ? i might travel if the $ was right .
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 11:33:30 am »

Jdt lol yea we do it's mainly my father in law, and a few local hands I'll go every now and then when my brick laying work is slow, I do it just for the fun of it paw in law gets pd but it's not very often anymore we might get  one or two calls a month, sometimes more sometimes less.
BaynSlay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 11:10:46 pm »

Thanks guys. I am taking in outside horses though. Ad is in the classifieds
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »

Jdt lol yea we do it's mainly my father in law, and a few local hands I'll go every now and then when my brick laying work is slow, I do it just for the fun of it paw in law gets pd but it's not very often anymore we might get  one or two calls a month, sometimes more sometimes less.
Goose whats your 20?

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 08:11:44 pm »

Southwest MS about an hr and half straight north of New Orleans up I-59
BaynSlay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 08:16:57 pm »

Goose, line me up 2 weeks worth of daywork and we'll hunt while im over there too
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 12:34:03 pm »

Goose u probly know of a man named Seward from over near mobile on MS side just south of 98

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 11:56:14 pm »

Crazy chick that was working at a ranch my boy works at skipped out left em high and dry and they caught the main ranch hand stealing so my boy got to take both positions in a full time 7 day a week job. And he is only 17 done with school. And the lady that owns the ranch is such a nice lady I am proud of him
bjohnston0311
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 09:42:29 am »

Crazy chick that was working at a ranch my boy works at skipped out left em high and dry and they caught the main ranch hand stealing so my boy got to take both positions in a full time 7 day a week job. And he is only 17 done with school. And the lady that owns the ranch is such a nice lady I am proud of him
Like the ole saying goes...right place, right time. Good for him, I would be proud too. I just hope word spreads so those other two never get another chance. Pathetic.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 08:40:13 pm »

Bay n slay if it were only that easy lol, I can give you some names and numbers....shot gun I've heard that name brought up in conversation quite a few times, you got a first name?....ain't a lock wrong with that judge, hardwork gets recognized and oats off.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 08:40:59 pm »

Pays*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: