April 20, 2024, 02:32:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Bear hunt in Quebec  (Read 777 times)
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2009, 06:27:43 pm »

anyone interested in an archery only black bear hunt in Quebec?  hunt is at the end of May 2010.  hunt cost is $700.  License/bear tag is approx. $200 (high estimate) and a 7 day fishing license is $50 (high estimate).

you can take 1 bear per hunter.  the camp you'd be hunting out of would be run by a good friend of mine.  we'll have 10 hunters in our camp with a total of 2 baits per hunter.  these bait sites have been established for years (9-10years to be exact) and we'll be started again 3 weeks prior to our arrival.

Now, these are the only catches on why this hunt is so cheap. 

1. No indoor plumbing. there is an outdoor shower and outhouse.
2. after the first day you hunt your stand you are responsible to rebait your stands.  BAIT IS PROVIDED.

this is a do it yourself style hunt with the perks of having someone there prior to your arrival running baits and having trail cams set on all the baitsites my group will be hunting. it is beneficial to have a fourwheeler with you for this hunt but you can use your truck to get back and forth to your stands.

if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.  I will be hunting with this group and can assure you as long as you can shoot out to 20yards you have a very high percentage of tagging a bear. Only 4 people hunted this camp last year and 3 of the 4 hunters took bear. the 4th hunter could have taken a bear but was self-filming his hunt and couldn't get the bear on camera so he didn't take the shot.

You have to be willing to be videod and will have to sign a release for the fotage of your hunt because these hunts will be used on a bear hunting dvd.  you will get a copy of your hunt after it is edited.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: